This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
    Slacker. 18 months? My first job, I was at for 3.5 years. My part-time job I have now, it's been... um... 2 years? Yes. Two years, I believe.
    I can relate! I've been at my current job almost 8 years. But I had a part-time job for awhile that was supposed to be 3-4 months, ended up being 10, and I only quit because I refused to say I had been there over a year.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
      I only quit because I refused to say I had been there over a year.
      Ironically, I just turned in my two-week's notice for my Residence job, and was told I get a month's extension to my contract at my weekday job. I'll see if I can get some pictures of the signs they've put up, which form a large bulk of why I'm leaving.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

One shift at a Kohler plant - couldn't stand that "just a cog" feeling.
        Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

One 5-Hour shift at Domino's.

I was heading into work the next day and wound up throwing up on the way in. Turns out I am more allgeric to raw bell peppers then I thought I was and the "boss" refused to give me those plastic food gloves to work with. So I handed the jackass my hat and said "Fuck you" and left.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I was once "fired" before I even started. The day I was supposed to start they called me and said that they didn't need me.

Next was a landscaping gig - one day.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I worked for 2 weeks as a hostess at a Hop's restaurant. I will never work at a restaurant again. Totally not my thing... they did not have bus people at that particualr chain, so the hostesses got to do it. Blech.

Comment

Like most people here I've worked with temp agencies and had one day gigs at factories and such.

My shortest real job was also my first ever job (well aside from delivering papers). I worked at Tim Hortons (big Canadian donut chain) and was fired after three weeks because, as management told me "we don't like your attitude".

Ummm ok? I found out later one of my CWs had been exaggerating some of the mistakes I'd made and telling the boss that customers were getting angry at me when they really weren't. As it turns out the owners of this particular Timmy's were known to be jerks and the turnover at the shops they owned was very high.
                "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I worked two 5 hour training shifts for Waffle House. I only ever got paid my tip outs my hourly wage got sucked into a black hole. Normally, I'm pretty good about staying with a place for at least a month but this joint was so disturbingly disgusting that I had severe nausea the whole time I was there.

Comment

Working...
                  X