This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, isn't this peachy

Yay... now... not only do I have to reset the outside lights every half hour because the electrical system sucks, our internet is now down on all connections except the one going straight to corporate (which I'm piggybacking on right now to surg CS... gotta love being smarter than the computer). I would like just once to come to work and find out that everything is working...

So... to recap the week
    I've had to reset the lights every hour I've worked... a few of those times the circuits have sparked on me while reseting them.
    I've had the standard computer freezes and lock ups
    The internet has gone down
    we've had reservations the by ways I can't explain ended up having two people in two separate rooms having identical confirmation numbers... oh that was fun to straighten out.
    And it's been busy beyond belief...

what else could possibly go wrong

actually, no... don't answer that... at least not until my shift is over.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Want me to come kill the gnomes and dwarves battling for the territory under the hotel?

Comment

update

The telecom has admitted it's their fault... a tech is on his way...

why am I not surprised

edit to update-
      I've also gotten a good idea why the circuits keep tripping for the external lights... not only are they old beyond belief... but I actually looked at them when I reset them (for the Nth! time this night)... they are only standard 20 Amp circuits... each is powering 4 high powered spot lights... no wonder those things keep failing... they must have been near their limit when they were brand new and in good shape
      Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 03-30-2009, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Oh my! Not only is that causing breaker trips, it's a safety hazzard! You might want to point that out to your boss hon.

Comment

I'm sorry, I'm confused, but if the internet is down, how are you able to post? My lights on the second floor of my house are sound just as finicky as yours at work. I may have to break down and bring in an electrician.
          "smacked upside the head by the harsh of daylight" - Tori Amos "The Beauty of Speed"

a sucking chest wound is merely mother nature's way of telling you to slow down - Arm

Comment

Quoth The Gatekeeper View Post
            I'm sorry, I'm confused, but if the internet is down, how are you able to post? .
            I'm piggybacking off of our uplink to corporate... I don't know why it's working... but I'm glad it does

oh, eta... before someone asks why I can't just do that for the wireless network... because there are a grand total of one computer that this will work on.
            Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 03-30-2009, 11:31 AM.

Comment

So am I! I think I would've gone crazy tonight without my smiley brother

Comment

Yay... as of 6:25am the internet connection is working again

Comment

Wheee! My pixies defeated the dwarves and gnomes battling under the hotel! Faeries and pixies for the win

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                    what else could possibly go wrong?

Zombies.....or better yet hamsters, maybe zombie hamsters-a plague of cuteness with their cold dead eyes, searching for......GRAAAAIIINS

I need help
                    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                      Zombies.....or better yet hamsters, maybe zombie hamsters-a plague of cuteness with their cold dead eyes, searching for......GRAAAAIIINS

I need help
                      You can't say you need help for your mind working that way! That's how my mind works. Then that means I need help and I'm not crazy. *twitch*
                      "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Working...
                      X