Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh, How I Hate to Get Up in the Morning!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would just like to have a regular schedule.

Right now I work all three shifts in a week. I have one 6 am to 2 pm, two 2 to 10pm's and one 10p to 6 a shift. that's four days a week right now. It will change soon but not soon enough for me.

I shouldn't complain, since I volunteered for it. But I did tell the bossman that I want off the audit shift soon. We are getting a summer fill in person soon so that will help too. since there are actually shifts that we do not officially have covered that will need to be covered for the summer.

Comment

I'm a complete night person. Sunshine is overrated. I work 9:30 am to 5:30 pm M-F, but I have to be up by 6:40 am to get everything done, including my commute. I don't get home until 7:00 pm. But I've got a job, and I use my commute to study, so it works.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Bigtime night owl here. Currently working from home with mixed success as an independent contractor, but one of my contracts involves hours that are basically all over the board. And I have a lot of pressure from my husband to maintain a "normal" schedule because he works with folks in the construction industry, so his hours are pretty much stuck between M-F 8-5.

But oh, would I love to go back to the midnight-noon schedule I had at one job.

Comment

I'm a night person. I currently work 8pm - 6 am, and love it. Lets me get a lot of stuff done that I normally wouldn't get a chance to.

Course, my partner works 8am-5pm, so it's not the most fun thing, swinging our schedules to actually SEE each other more than in passing.
          Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

For most of the last 10 years I have worked almost straight nights or watch shifts with only the odd other shift here and there, mostly midnight to 8 or the weird one I had was 8 - 12 so 8 in the morning until noon and 8 at night until midnight 24/7/365. That one hurt. I now work vacation relief at my job so one week it will be 8am-4pm, then 12am-8am, then 4pm-12am, then 6am-2pm. I find I prefer night shifts, it's easier to stay up thru than to get up early.

Comment

Quoth dougiezerts View Post
              Do any of you have to work the really early shift at your jobs? If so, is this a pain for you, or are you fine with it?
              I work 10-6, which is fine with me. Well, I would prefer to come in a little later, if I could. But at least it's not 8-4!
              One of my part time jobs was 3am.
              Tamezin

Comment

At least you have a consistant day/night schedule. I work a 2pm - 12:30am Wednesday; 1pm - 10pm Thursday; 11:00am - 8:00pm Fridays; 8:00am - 5:00pm Saturdays and 8:00am - 5:00pm Sundays. It's like I have perpetual jet lag.
                "If ignorance is bliss, then I work in Heaven."

Comment

Working...
                X