This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job ettiquette

I apply for two jobs, job A and job B. I REALLY want Job A. Alas, Job A doesn't call. But Job B calls! Job B is alright, but not as good as job A. So I start with Job B. Then all of a sudden, Job A calls me! They want me! Is it acceptable to quit Job B because Job A has now opened up?

if its what you really want, i'd say yes

Comment

Ether job would get rid of you in any way if they found someone much better than you - so you should do the same.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
        Ether job would get rid of you in any way if they found someone much better than you - so you should do the same.
        I agree 1 million percent. Take the job you really want and don't worry about the other one.

Steve B.

Comment

Right now loyalty is not what it used to be.
          Make sure that job A is really what you want . . .and it isn't just one thing like a little better pay or closer to home.
          Let job A know that you accepted something in the mean time and are they willing to wait 2 weeks. Then offer B 2 weeks notice. If they don't want you to complete the 2 weeks then let A know you can start sooner. Just make sure you have an agreement in writing with signatures before giving B notice.

Comment

Well, I would say yes it is okay to leave Job B, unless you'll be violating a legally binding contract by doing so. If you work in an at will state, then it really isn't an issue.

Two caveats though:

1. Don't ever use anyone from Job B for a recommendation. In fact, if you've only been there a few weeks, you and your resume may want to just pretend that it never happened. You'll certainly have a bad rep with them.

2. Be sure Job A is as good as you think it is and that you'll have job security when you get there. A bird in the hand and all that.

Comment

Working...
            X