This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If U See Kay (aka F-bomb)

(Title inspired by Britney Spears latest song "If U Seek Amy", which really translates to "Fuck Me", except she can't call it that because she's trying to rekindle her career and already has a reputation of being crazier than a shithouse rat.)

Wanna know what the rest of this week is going to be for me? Think Thanksgiving week without the turkey, football, and payroll blowout at work that normally accompanies it.

Tomorrow is the first day of the new month and thus Old Fogey Day. Which means trying to get shit done while shepherding cranky, stinky old people around.

And the cranky should come in buckets this time around, because Thursday is the beginning of our Super Uber Duper Mega Stupendous Fanschmabulous Lowest Price of the Season sale, which means people will have received that ad in the mail and will be demanding the prices in that ad because they do not read starting dates. Management, either at the store level or at corporate, has decided we can give the prices of the Lowest Prices ad on Senior Day if people complain enough, but then they will not get the 15% off their total purchase. It's one or the other. Yeah, the customers will understand that, sure they will.

And I'm doing carryouts Thursday and Saturday and maybe Friday unless I get moved to truck. Those are the first three days of the Lowest Prices sale and thus there are bonus buys and it will be hellishly busy all three days.

I got tomorrow off and it's going to stay that way. If management calls me asking if I want extra hours because the worthless slugs who unload our trucks left all the furniture and bulk for us and we didn't get to it today, the answer's going to be no. They better not even think of calling me in. I don't know if I'll be able to give them the courtesy of not busting out in laughter when telling them no.

If I haven't committed sideways or gotten run over by some dork on heelies, I'll let you know how it goes the next few days.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Do what I do and don't answer your phone. If you do, just tell them you were kidnapped by friends (Pirates) and are out of town.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Or state that you were in the shower when it happened, or at the gym, or that your phone died
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Aliens. Always blame Space Aliens if you don't take the call.

Or Elvis.

Your choice.

Bottom line is that your time off is YOUR TIME OFF. Fuck 'em. They are not worth the extra effort.

B
        "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
        I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

I'd strongly recommend losing your phone... The boss doesn't have to know different.
          "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

I would shut off the phone...and say that it died.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
              Aliens. Always blame Space Aliens if you don't take the call.

Or Elvis.
              There's a difference?

Rapscallion

Comment

Elvis went home. Why would he come back here?
                Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
                  I'd strongly recommend losing your phone... The boss doesn't have to know different.
                  One day at the 'Q, they must have called me 10 times on my very well deserved day off. The first call came in at 5:30 in the morning and kept up until after 6 that night. I didn't answer a single call.

When I went in to work the next day, they asked what was up that I never called back.

I either told them that I left my phone in my car accidentally or that Mom had grabbed mine by mistake (our cell phones being identical at that time). They had no choice but to believe me. Why would I lie? I could *always* be depended on to come in at least for a couple hours.
                  I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                  X