This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Drink The Water...

Currently there's a pregnancy mini epidemic going on at the store. A manager is pregnant with her third child, and guy cashier and female pharmacy tech who have been dating/fuck buddies for a while are expecting as well. I wonder who else is going to fall pregnant? Because it's never two without three. The running joke is that people need to be careful with their drinks because they might get pregnant too.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Two of my coworkers got pregnant the same week and gave birth the same day. I was happy for them, except for the part where they were gone through most of the holiday season on maternity leave and they were both on the same shift. We were short a lot. And yes, there is a third one who is pregnant now.
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

When I worked at my last job, at least 3 people were pregnant at the same time, and people started asking if I was going to be next, and I gave them an icy glare.

Comment

At church there are usually 5 preggo ladies at a time. Luckily our epidemic is over for now. I run the nursery (18month - 3yrs) And we have about 20 kids and will have a total of 32 by the end of the year. I avoid that water like the plague!
        It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

This is a perfect chance for me to use a line someone told me when i and 5 of my friends got pregnant within a month of eachother. "IF you think its in the water, your doing it wrong!"

Comment

Water generally isn't the culprit. But I would lay off any alcohol, especially if it looks like water.

Comment

I just found out last week that I'm pregnant with my FOURTH. Total surprise... Hubby has a vasectomy scheduled for next Friday. I was on the pill, too. Oh, and my due date is my birthday.

Whoops!

We used to have a joke at the dealerships I worked at that you never sat in a pregnant chick's chair. EVAR.

Comment

I had my tubes tied after two birth control failures. I love my children, but they certainly were not planned.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

There are several Nuclear Techs in <hospital system> who are pregnant as well. We joke that it's the radiation.
                  I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth mandaliz8704 View Post
                    I just found out last week that I'm pregnant with my FOURTH. Total surprise... Hubby has a vasectomy scheduled for next Friday. I was on the pill, too. Oh, and my due date is my birthday.

Whoops!

We used to have a joke at the dealerships I worked at that you never sat in a pregnant chick's chair. EVAR.
                    I bet that if I get pregnant there's a (very) good chance I'll be due on or around my birthday. My birthday is April 3rd (along with my cousin who is EXACTLY 6 years younger than me), my baby sis was born on the 9th and she's 5 years younger than me and besides that I have a ton of other relatives who have April birthdays as well. I remember in middle school there were two teachers who used room #622 and both ended up pregnant that year. During the end of the year was when teachers were gonna take their pick of classrooms they wanted and the speech pathologist when this one kid blurts out "Don't pick #622, you'll get pregnant!" When my fave aunt S was in school for cosmetology, there were at least 3 different women in her class that ended up pregnant around the same time (including her) ...from the water.
                    Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 04-02-2009, 05:54 PM.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Don't drink the coffee or eat the donuts at our work. We just had one of our managers get back from maternity leave. Another manager is something like 6 months along, and a Supervisor is at around the same. And also people fawn around them and want to touch their bellies. I refuse, and when asked about it I look at them and go "I don't want to get pregnant too."

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                        The running joke is that people need to be careful with their drinks because they might get pregnant too.

hmmm at one of my former workplaces it was a biscuit scoop(small ice cream type scoop for doling out biscuit batter), anyone that touched the thing came up preggers within two weeks-we had five of us-I was the last, somehow the scoop got "broken*" -no more problems after that. My mom had a mail cart with the same "curse" after she got preggers no female was ever allowed to touch it-males only.

So is there a common shared item between the pregos?

*management requested I take it out for the good of the company, I happily obliged.
                        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                        X