This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'll call the President if my very impt. guest cannot park"

"Michael" (name has been changed), the Assistant VP of Student Services, had a "very important guest" arrive for scholarship interviews. He ended up calling me after his first guest arrived, who did not know which dept. she was going to.

The garage was reserved when the guest arrived. She told me she was supposed to be on the event list. I asked her which dept. she was going to. She did not know. I asked her if she had a contact person. She said Joyce. I looked at the event list, & I did not see anything regarding interviews for scholarships. I called "Kim" since she is still making the event list, but I got her voice mail. I called her on her phone, but I could not leave a message. I explained to the guest that the garage was reserved, that I did not see a reservation for scholarship interviews, & that there are only enough spots for everyone on the event list. She got upset, but luckily a car just exited the garage leaving only one non-reserved spot. I told her that the dept. she was going would have to give her a token to exit the garage. I let her in the garage.

Then "Michael" calls me letting me know that another "very impt. guest of his" will soon be arriving & to please let his guest park. I told "Michael" that he has to contact "Kim" regarding this since the garage was reserved at that time. So he said "I'll call the President if my guest cannot park." Luckily another car just exited the garage. I told "Michael" that I would let "Kim" know he called me. I let his guest in the garage. I did not want to mess with the President's office at that point.

I called "Kim" to let her know what happened, & she said "that's bull. If he wants to call the President's office, then he has to ask that office if his guest can park in one of their spots." There are 6 spots for guests specifically going to the President's office.

So from now on when someone "threatens" to call the President's office, I'll let the person know they are welcome to contact that office & ask if their guest can park in one of the President's spots.

Oh...you meant the University President.

I was thinking of Barack over in England at the G20 summit, ducking protesters and discussing big important world economy things with world leaders, when suddenly he recieves a tap on the back: "Phone call from some college someplace. About some parking problem."
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      Oh...you meant the University President.

I was thinking of Barack over in England at the G20 summit, ducking protesters and discussing big important world economy things with world leaders, when suddenly he recieves a tap on the back: "Phone call from some college someplace. About some parking problem."
      That's what I call micromanagement.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
        That's what I call micromanagement.
        In the extreme, yo.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
        X