This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really hate being right all the time

Ok... my manager is not talking to me any more because I think he hates me being right all the time too.
    Two months ago I told him that there was no way that our Jacuzzi would pass inspection... you could tell just by walking into the hot tub room that the chemicals were way off. I told management this. I also told them that if it passed the next inspection it would not pass the next one for the equipment itself... the safety covers on the water intakes are old and worn. On both counts they told me that I didn't know what I was talking about... what would a night auditor know about hot tub maintenance (gee, the fact that my mother does part time work as a certified property manager and I've learned a lot of the stuff about how inspections work to know what to look for from her).
    Any one want to bet what happened?
    Yup, it the hot tub failed inspection... because the chemicals were off... gee, sound familiar...

Oh, a few weeks ago I told them that the breakers for the exterior flood lights weren't going to last much longer. I could tell they were breaking much more often than normal... I could tell just by listening to them that they were straining. I told the managers... their reaction was once again... oh no... it's nothing unusual.
    Guess what? This week we couldn't even get the floodlights to turn on because the breakers finally died. I've also told them that they should use this as an opportunity to upgrade the electrical system for the breakers... that they either should be split into more circuits or up the amperage rating on the circuits that are already there. That if they replace them with identical breakers (seriously, 4 floodlights per 20 amp breaker) it will only be a matter of time before the new breakers fail too. I'll probably be right about that too.

Since I've started, I've always said that no shuttle driver should leave a shift without making sure the van has at least have a tank... Wednesday night the evening shuttle driver said that there was only a quarter tank but it should be more than enough... guess what... the shuttle had to be taken out of service due to insufficient fuel.

The things I'm saying now... the shuttle van will die altogether pretty soon, our A/C systems will not be able to keep up when the summer comes, the new girl won't work out, and this hotel will at best limp along until airport west builds out and airport east is once again a good value... for an investor looking to tear the place down and build something bigger and better.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

"Don't you get tired of being right all the time?"

"No - just of everyone else being wrong."

Blakes Seven - classic British Sci-Fi.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      "Don't you get tired of being right all the time?"

"No - just of everyone else being wrong."

Blakes Seven - classic British Sci-Fi.

Rapscallion

I had forgotten that quote until reading your qoute. Thank you Raps.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Your managers remind me of a military quote; "The most dangerous thing is a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass."

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
          Your managers remind me of a military quote; "The most dangerous thing is a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass."
          and it's a compass that doesn't even point north

Comment

I'd like to recant my offer to buy the hotel for a dollar...
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              Two Dollars
              Otaku

Comment

If it's in this bad condition, PRB, you can have it.
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

If it's in this bad condition, PRB, you can have it.
                  keep in mind, that's an offer of $2 Canadian. So, like, 30 cents American. The scrap value of the place should cover that easy, you know. I'm sure the wiring alone would be worth a few bucks at a scrap yard.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

This is a shining example of how penny pinching management can ruin a business. Your managers are only concerned about how much money they can NOT spend, not about your jobs or your guests.
                    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I told you earlier you were offering too much

and... miracle of miracles... the manager allowed the miracle worker (AKA the underpaid maintenance guy) to buy new breakers... we now have a working electrical system again

Comment

Working...
                      X