This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectacular soil stupidity

So the other day we got in the pallets of soil, mulch, lava rock, cow shit, etc for outdoor lawn and garden.

Was it delivered on a flatbed truck outside, so that the pallets could be unloaded by forklift right off the trailer and put where they needed to be. Hell no. That would make too much sense.

Instead, the pallets were in a normal, enclosed trailer pulled up to the receiving dock, so they had to be unloaded and put in the backroom, and then taken outside later.

And it just so happened some of the pallets were stacked too high to fit where they needed to go, so somebody had to climb up on them and unstack some of the bags.

And these pallets happened to be sitting outside in the snow and rain before they were put on the trailer, and it was melting inside the trailer. Combine that with leakage from some of the bags and the forklift was slipping and sliding in a stinky, mucky mire. A stinky, mucky mire that ended up being transferred to the backroom floor.

Now that all the soil is outside, the mud has dried out and we've got the Dust Bowl recreated in our backroom.

Management is calling corporate to complain about this. I am ever so grateful I wasn't the one unloading all that shit.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily
Working...
X