Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They didn't sell years ago--let's bring them back!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They didn't sell years ago--let's bring them back!

Several years ago, we sold a selection of queen-size bed mattresses. We were also given a special cart, like a lumber cart, that would hold the mattress up on its side so we could get them through the aisles when carrying them out.

The mattresses didn't sell well at all, but the special cart came in handy for bringing out other things.

Eventually corporate got rid of the mattresses, and the special cart went away.

Yesterday I glanced at the truck manifest to find--a brand new queen-size mattress and box spring coming in.

Bet the truck guys just left them someplace and I'll be the one trying to squeeze the damn things into some spot in the backroom.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

How much do these non-selling mattresses cost?
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I think the mattress is at least $450 and the box spring is something over $200.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Daaaaaaaaaamn. No wonder they didn't sell.

Comment

Most I've ever bought a mattress/box spring was 300...So yea...over 6 for the two would be a BIG NO SALE for me.

Comment

When Corp. discos stuff any special display fixtures were are told to keep. We usually leave them outside (unless we might have another use for it) since we have no room in the back room. Every spring after thy have been sufficiently destroyed from the winter we give them nice new home in the dumpster. Never once have we need them again.

Comment

My company brings the same overpriced crap back year after year, and then blames the sales staff for not being able to move it.

Because it couldn't be the fault of the purchasing department for insisting on buying this garbage to begin with. No sir. Corporate does no wrong.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                Most I've ever bought a mattress/box spring was 300...So yea...over 6 for the two would be a BIG NO SALE for me.
                Last year I bought a full size mattress and boxspring, AND a queen size mattress and boxspring and paid $400 for the grand total for all 4 pieces.

Comment

I've paid more than that, but there's a clearance store near me that gets a lot of stuff from the local Simmons DC. I priced them out and the sets were 40% to 70% less than the local "discount" mattress store.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                    Last year I bought a full size mattress and boxspring, AND a queen size mattress and boxspring and paid $400 for the grand total for all 4 pieces.
                    I really liked the set...fell asleep in the store.

Comment

Working...
                    X