X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could be nothing...

but I could be wrong.

Yesterday at the Rec, while working in the cardio room, I noticed that one of the treadmills was off. I checked the switch and flipped it back on. Some time later about 45 minutes, the machine was off again. Checked the switch, and flipped it back on. Another 45 minutes pass and the treadmill is off again

It's always the same treadmill and there is no logical reason for this to happen. The switch is 6 inches above the ground and is inlaid in the machine, so it can't be an accident. If some people were doing this on purpose, they could easily just pull the plug that is a foot away and why all the same machine. It can't be electrical as the circuit breaker is for that outlet and 3 others and the other machines never turned off at all. Also, the machines don't flip their switches to "off" when they are unplugged.

This leaves me with two options: Some spirit is messing with me as I work or that treadmill has started gaining sentience and is refusing to be used for the exercise enjoyment of its human overlords.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

maybe its on its way out?

Comment

Quoth Trayol View Post
      that treadmill has started gaining sentience and is refusing to be used for the exercise enjoyment of its human overlords.
      I'm going with this.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
      X