This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...I'm in charge

After a 3 day Purser training course being brainwashed by trainers and managers (well they didn't brainwash moi) I am now a fully qualified Senior Flight Attendant. How exciting. Sure it's more pay but more responsibility. Still, I get to generally work in Business Class rather than the mass of seething humanity in Coach

I'm also required to 'manage' crew onboard and pull them up over things like hair being too long, wrong colour nail varnish etc. Of course there is no way I will do this

Still faintly amused that they made moi purser even though I applied for a joke and am rather fed up with the glamour of being an international airline stewardess and am job-hunting for a non customer facing job somewhere in the public sector, the only sector still really recruiting.
    No longer a flight atttendant!

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
    Still, I get to generally work in Business Class rather than the mass of seething humanity in Cattle Class
    You had a typo in there - corrected for my amusement.

Rapscallion

Comment

Tee hee, how appropriate since i'm sure most of them could use a good prodding these days.
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

im thinking... who besides EWs and management actually cares what color nail polish you wear?

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          im thinking... who besides EWs and management actually cares what color nail polish you wear?
          The company likes the idea of interchangeable cogs, but there are also a lot of people who freak out over the nail color of people who are serving them drinks and food.
          Last edited by wagegoth; 04-10-2009, 07:44 PM.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I hate "traditional" nail colors, mostly since they look crappy on me. Except for maybe a searing blood red. I tend to go for blues, purples, black, and sparklies. The one time I found a decent, emerald-like green (not quite deep enough, but I was happy) it ended up being almost the exact same shade as the counters for the gas station I was working at the time. I had so much fun with the optical illusion and freaking customers.
            Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

According to the Uniform Police nail varnish should match the uniform and they have recommended shades and colours.

I am priding myself on being a cool, laid back Purser

Comment

I read another post of yours and am so glad you're back and posting again.

I look forward to reading more about your new position!

Missed your postings.
                No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

Comment

Quoth TOLady View Post
                  I read another post of yours and am so glad you're back and posting again.

I look forward to reading more about your new position!

Missed your postings.
                  That's really sweet of you, thank you

Comment

Firstly, congratulations on the promotion and what not.

Secondly, if you have to pull them up on hair being too long and so on, I now have this wonderful image in my head of flight attendants being ordered to sit at the back of the plane while you cut their hair to a more appropriate length or make them dye it or whatever!
                    Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

Working...
                    X