This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought it was a joke.

So its early morning. Man comes in wearing bandana. I've seen his eyes, and I recoginized vaugly his voice.

MAN: "give me the money..."

Me: *looking at him, thinking this guy might be serious and not a lame joke like a thousand others I get daily*

MAN: I know it aint much but I need it!!

Me: *still frozen, trying to remember who this person is*

Man: *reachs out to me, where as I see his knife*

Me: *Step back, grab phone, dial 911, man takes off*.

He got away, cops did come pretty fast. I'm still trying to remember where I seen him before. Likely never remember.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Ok. Ok. I give up. It was me in disguise.
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Plaidman, I love your stories. Really. But I also worry about you and hope that maybe, jusy maybe, there's another job out there calling for you. Scary.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        Plaidman, I love your stories. Really. But I also worry about you and hope that maybe, jusy maybe, there's another job out there calling for you. Scary.
        Not intelligent enough to get another job.

Its not the first robbery I've had. Not the last.

It is the first robbery where the robber didn't get anything and got away.
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

*hugs*

That gave me flashbacks.

*shudder*

*hugs*
          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
            So its early morning. Man comes in wearing bandana. I've seen his eyes, and I recoginized vaugly his voice... I'm still trying to remember where I seen him before. Likely never remember.

"Mom? Is that you?"
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
              Not intelligent enough to get another job.
              Pffft. Based on your posts, I doubt that's the case. (Although if you're right, I know a few companies where you'd make a wonderful manager )

Now...living in OR, crappy economy, employers who expect way too much experience/education for too little pay? That I can believe. In the Eugene area you basically have to know people who can get you hired, unless you want to do call centers/factory work/truck driving/stripping.

I can't get local jobs to save my life...so I've turned to telecommuting. (Not a bad thing, just seems odd that I have no problem getting those jobs when there is MORE competition.)

Comment

Quoth Dawnchaser View Post
                Now...living in OR, crappy economy, employers who expect way too much experience/education for too little pay? That I can believe. In the Eugene area you basically have to know people who can get you hired, unless you want to do call centers/factory work/truck driving/stripping.
                I can vouch for this! The job situation here is bloody insane. And I've discovered for myself that everything in the quote is absolutely 100% true. From what I've heard from others, it's that way all over Oregon, even in Portland.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  I can vouch for this! The job situation here is bloody insane. And I've discovered for myself that everything in the quote is absolutely 100% true. From what I've heard from others, it's that way all over Oregon, even in Portland.
                  I forgot about the nursing jobs, LOL. Not bad, I suppose, if you have said education, which I don't. (Or the patience for the job.)

Yeah, I have an unemployed friend who has convinced himself that he can get a job in Portland or Seattle. I haven't looked there myself since moving isn't really possible right now but I've heard neither is any better. Just trying to convince him to stay here until he gets a job elsewhere, rather than spending money he doesn't have and making his kid transfer schools.

Of course, said friend has been unemployed for most of 3 years and has impossibly high standards. Got him a job at the call center I worked at and he quit...twice. Any job he takes cannot be work-from-home (don't ask ME why - I love it), has to be M-F 8 to 5, can't involve phones or manual labor, has to pay more than $11/hr (I guess, since that's part of why he quit the call center), and can't be stressful.

Comment

Every job I've seen on the job boards that I would otherwise qualify for wants a Bachelors Degree or higher. Who the hell needs a Bachelors Degree for a minimum-wage file clerk job?! If I had the money to go to University, I wouldn't need the job!
                    Quoth Dawnchaser View Post
                    Any job he takes cannot be work-from-home (don't ask ME why - I love it), has to be M-F 8 to 5, can't involve phones or manual labor, has to pay more than $11/hr (I guess, since that's part of why he quit the call center), and can't be stressful.
                    Hey, if he finds That Dream Job, have him give me a call so I can get one too!
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'd love to work from home! I gave up on going back to work so we wouldn't have to put my grandmother in a home, and she does give me a little bit each month, since I'm basically her go-fer and can't go anywhere farther than errands without someone to check on her, but we did the math, and if she paid me 8 hours a day at local Home Health Aide wage, she'd have to give me the equivalent of her monthly SS check every week!
                      Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Plaidman, how many times do I have to tell you? You are very intelligent. Stop being down on yourself.
                        "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Working...
                        X