Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't Rick-Rolling getting a little......old?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't Rick-Rolling getting a little......old?

Two days ago I helped two gentlemen with some furniture, including a chair they wanted assembled. They weren't the least bit sucky while I spoke with them

Except that yesterday, when I called them to let them know the chair was ready, I got freaking Rick-Rolled. They gave me a cell-number, and had that "please enjoy the music while your party is reached" service set up, and had picked "Never Gonna Give You Up" as the song.

Seriously. If I had to call them on a regular basis, that would get old VERY fast. And this guy probably thinks it's hilarious and "clever."
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Nah, if they were original, then this'd be their ring tone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cus4yacWDT8
    Seph
    Taur10
    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

I like "Never Gonna Give you up." It's set as my ring tone. As in when people call me, I hear it.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

That reminds me--I got rickrolled on the way to the sub shop in the strip mall last night.

As I was passing Radio Shack, That Song was playing loudly over one of their stereo systems. x.X
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I personally liked this rick roll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bfNgekJG4M
          I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

I figure as soon as my mom has heard of it, it's officially over

(But I secretly like that song, too!)
            !
            "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

but... but... i LIKE that song...
              "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
              ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

We get RickRolled semi often at work.

They play the same songs over and over and over and...*

Every once in a while, damned if "Never Gonna Give You Up" doesn't pop up out of nowhere.

*Seriously, you can honestly name the entire track list after working there for a week or so.
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I actually like Rick-Rolling. Maybe not the website ones where you have to click a million OK buttons with the lyrics when you try to leave the page.

I actually got Rick-Rolled at my first anime con. The song was someone's ringtone, and her phone rang as she was walking past me. I'm embarrassed to say that was the highlight of my day.

Comment

Isn't it only rick-rolling when it's intentionally set up to surprise or be ridiculous and crazy? Hearing it on the radio or something, unless it's part of a prank, doesn't exactly count.

Comment

Quoth marlovino View Post
                      I personally liked this rick roll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bfNgekJG4M
                      that is.... awesome

Comment

I like the Barack Obama Rick Roll, but it seems all the audio has been disabled on the YouTube vids. :-(
                        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

does this count as one then?

http://twitter.com/wilw/statuses/1432933844
                          Quoth Wil Wheaton
                          My son Nolan set an alarm on my phone last night when I wasn't looking, and it just went off, Rickrolling me. Best April Fool's EVER.

Comment

I'd have enjoyed it. I love the song and have several of Rick Astley's other songs on my mp3 player (Hopelessly and Together Forever being my favs.)

My all time fav Rick Roll is the Muppet version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxitX4UNkxo
                            The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth the_std View Post
                              Isn't it only rick-rolling when it's intentionally set up to surprise or be ridiculous and crazy? Hearing it on the radio or something, unless it's part of a prank, doesn't exactly count.
                              Yeah, that was my impression too. I thought the epitome of Rick-rolling was the Macy's Parade where the Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends float pulled it off live with Astley himself. That was epic. Sadly, like most things that hit the mainstream conciousness, it got over done. "All your base are belong to us," anyone?

And yeah, I like Rick Astley's music too. I'm a bit of an 80's junkie, myself.
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                              X