This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that was a waste of time

It's the end of the day, which happens to be the day before Easter and corp. slasher hours this week. Almost all of the people mid to closing, from front end to deli, meat, etc have worked extra hours. I'm sure the GM will have a nice chat on Monday with corp. As it was we were barley able to keep up with the OT.

Well the MOD calls the garbage compactor. Now most stores of our size have a garbage compactor, cardboard compactor and a front-load dumpster for odd larger trash items and regular trash. We don't. We have a cardboard bailer, garbage compactor and no front-load. Also the indicator lights AND pressure guage that indicate how full said compactor is have not worked for over a year and corp does not want to fix it for some reason.

I approach the compactor and open the door. The chute is full of trash. I run it, take the PVC pipe we have to push it down. It won't moves a inch or two. Repeat. The MOD insists it is just jammed and not full. Myself and CW (who are now both on OT) spend 30 minutes attempting to unjam this thing. The MOD comes back with the "trash log" and sees we are wayyyyyyyy overdue for a emptying. It's full.

We can't just leave the trash around so we fill the chute. The next person who opens the door will be greeted with a 5x5 wall of trash about 6 feet deep. The MOD calls StoreOps. They see no reason to fix it, but will send for a pickup on Wed. Now we get to pay for a "emergency" 30 yard rolloff to be delived Sat night/Sun. AM until the "full" compactor is emptied. Arrrrrrrrghhhhhhh!
Working...
X