This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irv's new task OF DOOM

Came in to do my weekly Counting of the Furniture and was greeted by the price accuracy person, who told me about a ginormous price change in the furniture department.

167 different items were changing prices, and almost all of them had their prices raised. So she showed me how to do price changes and I would activate them all while counting pull tags on the floor.

It turns out that doing price changes in furniture is quite the pain in the ass. Here's what I had to do:
    • Go to the item that comes up on my scanner (and the items aren't grouped in order by SKU or grouped together based on what collection they're in--they just come up in any random order; thus a lot of backtracking and doubling back.)
    • Punch in the number of new pull tags I need printed and print them. Put them with the display.
    • Put up new signs indicating the new price (again, not kept in order so this meant thumbing through a huge stack to find the one I needed).
    • If there was a shelf label on the display (and all displays should have them, mainly for inventory purposes), remove it as best I can so that nobody tries to use an outdated label to get a lower price on something.

Anyplace else this wouldn't be so bad. Just printing and putting up new labels. And hoofing it back and forth within the department trying to get everything changed. I guess now I know how the author of the Infamous E-Mail of Doom felt.

I only got a few price changes done before I decided to stop doing them, and just count everything so I could get the report done and up to the manager, and then resume changing prices until it was time for me to go. I only got about half of them done.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily
Working...
X