This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's official I hate phones

I had this conversation a million times on the phone Sunday....

C: "What time do you close?"
    Me: "Thanksgiving."
    C: ....What?
    Me: We're open 24 hours today.
    C: Really!?

Yes really!!! Trust me I wish we weren't!!

C: Thank God! Everyone else is closed! I'll be there soon!!

Thanks for the warning? And yes everyone else is closed. I'm painfully aware of that thanks. >_<

Haha, I get that too. Except we're open Thanksgiving, so it usually goes like:

Customer: What time do you close?
    Me: Christmas
    Customer: Huh?
    Me: We don't close
    Customer: What?
    Me: We're open 24 hours, we don't close
    Customer: You don't close?
    Me: That's right, we don't close
    Customer: Oh wow, thanks
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I get the opposite.

Customer: What time do you guys close?
      Me: 10 o'clock
      Customer: What time do you open?
      Me: 7 am.
      Customer: So you're not 24 hours???
      Me: No.
      Customer: Why not??

Comment

Quoth malmalthekiller View Post
        I get the opposite.

Customer: What time do you guys close?
        Me: 10 o'clock
        Customer: What time do you open?
        Me: 7 am.
        Customer: So you're not 24 hours???
        Me: No.
        Customer: Why not??
        Me: Because I hate you.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          Haha, I get that too. Except we're open Thanksgiving,
          Well technically we're open too, but we close at like 4pm. We're only closed early on Thanksgiving at 4pm till 6am the next day. Early on Christmas eve, all day Christmas, and New years eve at 10pm till 6am New years day.

And of course during Hurricanes, and post hurricane curfews. The only good thing about Ike last fall was the closing at 5/6pm every day! Good times.....

Comment

Hurricanes, huh.

Okay I give, you win this battle of the kung-fu-closing-mambo. Until the next fight, strong one...
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              Hurricanes, huh.

Okay I give, you win this battle of the kung-fu-closing-mambo. Until the next fight, strong one...
              Yay I win!! So what did I win?

BTW, I hate hurricanes. The week before and after Ike were the worst ever. Sure I made a lot of overtime, and we closed at 5pm the second week, but other than that it sucked. The next one I'm going out of town till the power and water comes back on. Cause not being able to take a shower before work was not fun.

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                Yay I win!! So what did I win?

BTW, I hate hurricanes. The week before and after Ike were the worst ever. Sure I made a lot of overtime, and we closed at 5pm the second week, but other than that it sucked. The next one I'm going out of town till the power and water comes back on. Cause not being able to take a shower before work was not fun.
                Ugh, don't remind me I was in south florida during Fran, (The eye passed about 20 miles north of my house).

Fran wasn't a very strong storm (only Cat 2), but it came in and just sat on us for like two days. Followed by 5 days of no electricity. Even though the water worked, without electricity to turn on the water heater, your shower was rather....chilly.

Even after the power comes back on it still takes another 3 days or so just to get all the moisture and humidity out of the walls... it's so hot and uncomfortable =\
                <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Working...
                X