This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the kind of reputation I have? :D

So, with it being Easter and everything, ALL the managers were on duty (four of us). I am in the middle of sorting out some cash in the back room, when a co-worker knocks on the door.

CW: I've got a customer complaining about a meal, but he's eaten every single bit of it! He refuses to talk to me and wants a manager.
    Me: Oh, I'm a bit busy at the moment, can't you grab a different manager?
    CW: I don't really want to. I want a manager with a spine who won't give in to him.

I dealt with the customer, and no, he didn't get a refund . He wasn't sucky about it though, he just said he wasn't happy with his meal and walked off!

A couple of my new co-workers have been saying stuff like this over the past couple of weeks. Another co-worker told me I was her favourite manager because whenever she is unhappy with something or someone in the bar, I listen and deal with it, whilst the other managers usually shrug it off.

I like my new bar

If he wasn't happy with his meal then how is it he ate every bit of it?

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
      Customers try that one A LOT. I have had many arguements with customers over things like that.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
        Customers try that one A LOT. I have had many arguements with customers over things like that.
        My favorite pizza place (Marion's--their sausage is addicting) has changed the wording on their satisfaction guarantee to state that you must return at least 75% of the pizza to take advantage of the guarantee.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
          So, with it being Easter and everything, ALL the managers were on duty (four of us). I am in the middle of sorting out some cash in the back room, when a co-worker knocks on the door.

CW: I've got a customer complaining about a meal, but he's eaten every single bit of it! He refuses to talk to me and wants a manager.
          Me: Oh, I'm a bit busy at the moment, can't you grab a different manager?
          CW: I don't really want to. I want a manager with a spine who won't give in to him.

I dealt with the customer, and no, he didn't get a refund . He wasn't sucky about it though, he just said he wasn't happy with his meal and walked off!

A couple of my new co-workers have been saying stuff like this over the past couple of weeks. Another co-worker told me I was her favourite manager because whenever she is unhappy with something or someone in the bar, I listen and deal with it, whilst the other managers usually shrug it off.

I like my new bar
          Congrats. You have become that which is most cherished on this site. *makes offering of cookies and booze*
          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Yay!! This is why we love you CRML!

Comment

Some SC tried that with Gordon Ramsey on Kitchen Nightmares. It was pretty funny.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                Some SC tried that with Gordon Ramsey on Kitchen Nightmares. It was pretty funny.
                Especially since it wasn't Gordon doing the chewing out of the loser, but another CUSTOMER, albeit a slightly drunk one. Followed the idiot woman out to her car and kept asking her "If it was THAT BAD, then why'd you keep eating?" Idiot just ignored the question and tried to insult her as a drunk. Was funny to watch.
                Dealer hits... 21. Table loses.

This happens more often than most people want to believe.

Comment

My mother does that, it drives me NUTS

last time she pulled it she thought it was too oily the minute they dropped the plate in front of her, but she would complain until she had eaten all of the meat, just left the veges. The entire party was looking at the floor, I gave her what for but the manager still caved. She had the attitude that if they made the mistake she has the right to get her meal for free.... sigh and she worked in retail for nearly 10 years....

I've told her I won't go out with her to dinner any more if she's going to pull that again, if she doesn't like it fair enough, but don't eat the freaking thing THEN complain... at least give the place a fair chance to replace it.
                  I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Working...
                  X