This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I call?

So like 6 weeks ago now I interviewed for this job, I felt the interview went really well but I never got a call for a followup interview. I called twice, two weeks after the interview and then another two weeks after that, and got kind of a runaround answer "Oh we're still deciding"...

Now I see the job listing has been reposted on the internet. Should I call again and bug them or should I just accept the fact that they, for whatever reason, hated me?

Why does the possibility that they just didn't think you were a good fit for the job automatically equate to "hate"?

Hate
    (used with object)
    1. to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward; detest: to hate the enemy; to hate bigotry.
    2. to be unwilling; dislike: I hate to do it.
    "smacked upside the head by the harsh of daylight" - Tori Amos "The Beauty of Speed"

a sucking chest wound is merely mother nature's way of telling you to slow down - Arm

Comment

It sounds like you didn't click with them. It happens. Unfortunately, some of the reasons for that can be pretty petty. But don't call them or contact them. Either they'll hire someone in the next round, or they'll take a second look at the top candidates. It may also be that they made an offer to someone, so they kind of blew everyone else off, then that person turned down the offer and they're embarrassed by the poor treatment they gave you so they're trying over again from the beginning.

For whatever reason, if a company can't make the effort to either call you or send a letter of rejection after you interview, then I would have some doubts about them.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

You could always re-apply for the position to let them know you're still in the market. The worst they can do is passively say no again. Take a chance.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
        X