This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish me luck!

I just applied online for Phamacy Tech with Walgreens and I've been conditionally admitted to Central Community College of New Mexico (CNM) for the Pharmacy Tech program! I've finally had enough of Hasting's and the crap that's becoming deeper and deeper all the time. I know, from reading AFPhoenix's posts, that working in a pharmacy isn't necessarily better, but at least we both know what you're here for!

I really don't give a damn if I leave Hasting's in the lurch for Christmas! But don't get me wrong, I'll give at least two weeks notice.

Please, wish me luck, please!
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

I wish you all the luck in the world
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Good luck!
      I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

Lots of luck!
        Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

Good luck Pagan, but I do have one little word of advice for you. Walgreens and other chain stores will teach you everything that community college class will teach you, and they'll pay you while you're doing it. Don't bother paying for the class!

Heck, they'll pay for your certs, too! (well, as long as you pass the exams for them.) I don't know about the district that you're applying to, but our district has classes available (that they'll pay you to go to) in which they'll teach you the info you need to pass the NTCB exam.

We have a tech that got his associate's for pharm tech, and it was in my opinion a total waste. he has his state license, but all you need for that is a pulse, and they didn't include the national cert in his classes. He's taking that through Walgreens.

I like my job, I took it mainly to get experience in pharmacy to see if I ultimately wanted to become a pharmacist. I applied to pharmacy school again this year, so fingers crossed! The one I really want to get into is a local school that offers a Pharm-D. Unlike other schools that do a 4 year program, these guys do it for a continuous 3 year program, which will be grueling, but hey, 1 year less school and I can be out earning. Woohoo!
            I may bitch a fair amount, but I have to say I really genuinely like the majority of my customers, I know a lot of them by name and they know me and my cohorts. Some bring us christmas gifts. There's one little old Vietnamese lady who doesn't speak a lot of english, but she brings us fresh seasonal fruit now and again. It's really rewarding to see a lot of these same people every month.
            The flip side is that you see a lot of the people that you really liked go downhill, too. We've had quite a few people die on us, and it's really sad. We cut out the obit for them and post it on our back wall.
            And of course, we do have our fair share of SC's, a lot of them you can empathize with a little because they are sick, or have an addiction that they can't control.

Comment

Very best wishes!

May the Lady look on you with all kindness, and ease your journey.
              Last edited by wagegoth; 11-09-2006, 06:21 PM.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

AFPheonix, that's exactly what I was thinking, getting Walgreen's to pay for it! Otherwise, I gotta go down the hellish road that is financial aide. I'm looking to eventually going to the Pharmacology school at UNM (but I will never be a Lobo, once and Aggie always an Aggie!). And, yes, I am looking at money. One of the guys at work has a friend that's a Pharm Tech and he's making $10/hr, which is great for New Mexico. Now, I just need to get my little behind over to Walgreen's to finish some paperwork that they need you to do there for some reason.

Wagegoth - Thank you very much and may the dragons protect you!

Comment

Oh, hey, if you're going to be working at the one on Girard, I'll probably run into you. That's my local, and I imagine it's a fairly nice place to work -- at least your co-irkers won't suck.

Best of luck to you.
                  07-88-02 :: How do I powercycle the previous agent?
                  Get the joke? You know where I work. Missed it? Sorry, can't say a word about it.

Comment

Well, it's been awhile, but here's an update. Had my interview with Walgreen's the Monday before Thanksgiving and the lady I had it with said I'd be hearing back within a week about the job. Well, to make a long story short, I've never heard back from them! Even after leaving several messages with the woman, the last one being, "Could you please call me back and let me know about the job either way?"

So-o-o-o, I'm going to go ahead and get registered with CNM and go through their Pharm Tech program. Plus, I'll get to show these kids that I work with just how to go to school full-time and work full-time! Just means I'll be in class from 900-1600 M,W,F and work from 5-11 M,W,F and work all day T,Th. I figure I'll keep the weekends to study and rest. Still works out to about 32hrs a week working!

Comment

Wow, you're going to be busy!

Congrats on the program- I hope it opens up many possibilities for you!
                      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                      HellGate: London

Comment

Working...
                      X