Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what are you doing on Thanksgiving/Black Friday?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what are you doing on Thanksgiving/Black Friday?

The schedule for the week of Thanksgiving/Black Friday was posted at my work. I look at it and find that I have Black Friday off. Not only that, I also don't have to be to work on Thanksgiving until 2PM, meaning I will be able to go to my families Thanksgiving lunch. I DID NOT request any of this. I was just very lucky.

So how is everyone else going to be spending Thanksgiving/Black Friday. Are you lucking out like me or are you getting the schedule from hell? Heck, lets discuss anything relating to Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

/Going to load up on ham and pie.
    "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

At my store, we are off Thanksgiving, and I am working all day on Black Friday. I cannot wait til see the look on my buddies face, as he never worked in Retail at all, let alone Black Friday.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I might have a job and be working...
      or not!

I'll be hoping to spend Thxgiving w/ some family friends, since I moved away from family.

cute
      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I'm not working thanksgiving since im still on school leave and i plan on going shopping black friday (sorry) but not waking up early whatsoever
        i'll go around 2 or so probably

Comment

My wife works retail also, so we've arranged it so she can work the early morning, assisting with the crazies who camped outside the store all night. I get to come in later, and work in the install bay. It's not a huge day for installations but there are always a few oddballs who are willing to fight the traffic and crowds to have something installed into their car on the day after Thanksgiving. Mostly I'll be answering the phone and giving remote starter price quotes.
          Lack of freedom can be measured directly by lack of stupid. --Penn Jillette

Comment

I'm working a basketball game on Black Friday, I'm hoping the sc's won't be in droves.
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

The store is usually closed on Thanksgiving, but a rumor is going around, saying the store will be open. I guess we'll find out soon.

I'll more than likely be working 2nd shift on Black Friday. How will I be spending my morning? Avoiding stores.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I get Thursday and Friday off as our store is closed I will be spending Thanksgiving with my boyfriend and his family this year. It's great because we all gather at his Grandma's house and watch football, eat and then when dinner is over, everyone gets into groups of four and plays Pitch. Anyone ever heard of that card game? It's super fun! Friday I might make the trip to see my parents or I might just do nothing!
                "Most lies about blondes are false."
                - Cincinnati Times-Star, headline
                "If you love your job, you haven't worked a day in your life." --Tommy Lasorda

Comment

I work in a family buffet style restaurant, and Thanksgiving is our busiest day of the year (I am amazed of the amount of people who bring their families out to eat that day, even though this is my eighth Thanksgiving), so it is mandatory that everyone work at least one shift. My son is going to go to my best friend's house to spend Thanksgiving and Black Friday, since I am going to have to work 6:30 a.m. to 4 p.m that day as we are going to open for breakfast that morning to feed all the hungry shoppers.
                  What is really upsetting me is that our company (which is based in the south) has merged with another company that is based in the midwest, and I have been there seven years and we have only opened one year for Christmas Eve (because it was on Sunday). The rest of the time we are closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The new company has decided that we are going to start opening on Christmas Eve from 7:30 a.m. to 4 pm. This sucks for me because my fiancee died last year on the day after Thanksgiving, but I still go to his mothers on Christmas Eve and cook for her (she has fibromyalgia, and cannot stand long enought to cook anything and her husband is not in the best of health either)because my family celebrates on Christmas day, so I have got to figure that out.

Comment

Most likely I will be running my butt off.

I think I am going to be scheduled 10:30 pm Thanksgiving to 7:00 am Black Friday, which means I will be at ground zero.

Oh well, my family's having Thanksgiving on Friday afternoon, so I will be able to go to that after a little bit of sleep.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I get both of those days off as well. I currently have no idea what is going to be happening (my parents are divorced). Those two can be the funniest when it comes to "so, what's happening?" Took my stepmom to remember what happened last year .

So....we'll see!
                      "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

I'm vacationing that week and since gun season for deer opens on the 18th I and the boy-children shall be hunting all week. If things go well we will bringing home 6 deer one for the freezer and the rest for the food bank.
                        Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth brazenfire1 View Post
                          (I am amazed of the amount of people who bring their families out to eat that day, even though this is my eighth Thanksgiving)
                          Does no one know how to cook any more? I thought it was funny enough that at our butcher and delicatessan people were still lining up to buy frozen turkeys the day before Thanksgiving. I asked the owner: "Mister Stefanopolis, why are we still selling these huge frozen turkeys? There's no way anyone who buys one of these will have it thawed out by tomorrow evening."

And he replied, "Yes, but they won't find that out until tomorrow evening, now won't they?" He was evil. Good business man, though.
                          You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Since I'm no longer in retail, I will be out at a couple of stores (not Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Circuit City, or anything electronics) in the really early (4:00 a.m.) morning, grabbing a couple of items then heading home to play with the kids.

I'm signed up at bfads.net and have been checking the shopping lists.
                            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                            HR believes the first person in the door
                            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                            Document everything
                            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I don't cook on Thanksgiving. If I have to cook then it's not a holiday.
                              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                              HR believes the first person in the door
                              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                              Document everything
                              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                              X