This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it ain't broke, fix it anyway

To start with, I haven't been feeling all that great lately... and the best three doctors have been able to come up with is, "It'll get better when it gets better."

And then... this was week we decided to make some fundamental changes in the software that controls our system... along with a complete change of our telephone system.

Without going into the details, what happened was that a series of seemingly random and unpredictable errors appeared.

The end result was long queues of irate customers (most of whom had good reasons to be irate), and employees who couldn't figure out what the problem was, much less how to fix it. We all kept trying, though, hoping someone would luck into the magic solution.

The same callers would call every hour to see if we had a fix, and get more irate in the process.

I'd never been more in need of a day off... and wouldn't you know it, five minutes before my shift ended and my weekend was coming up, I got a totally simple call... that wound up taking me two hours to fix. (But, I did get it fixed.)

Aaaaaargh!
    I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

*hugs* Been there and done that. Hell, right now our website is down for a bunch of scheduled upgrades and "break fixes" meaning tomorrow when I go in there's going to be a bunch of unexpected issues and people calling about the changes we made(for some customers it's a pretty big change) Oh I sense much overtime in the coming weeks but that's only if I don't get sick.

Comment

Just wait until they "upgrade" it again.
      "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Working...
      X