This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been...TERMINATED.

Probably no surprise to anyone here after my last two general work chat posts. Went in to cashier at 3:30. Punched in. Next thing I know a couple of somber-faced supervisors take me into a back office. Not good. They told me that effective immeditaely, I am terminated, and to hand over my name badge and discount card. I like how the girl supervisor had to have a guy stand by like they were afraid I'd go ape shit and try to throttle her or something. I calmly and quietly handed my stuff over and left (even holding the door for the supervisor on the way out, LOL). Then I sat outside and called my mom at work. She said she'd call my dad at home and try to head him off. I felt sick on the drive home afraid my dad would yell at me about it, but to my amazement his first words were "Are you alright?" I was very surprised. And funny how the guy who works there who has thrown objects at my head, yelled at me, verbaly abused me, screamed at the supervisor, told guests to "go read the sign yourself", and yelled at guests while cashiering, and threatened to chop a co-workers head off is still there. GO FIGURE.

Yes. That would make sense for that company.

I got a bad review recently, where all kinds of stuff beyond my control was blamed on me, only to have my boss tell me I'm a good person and hard worker. So why am I being slandered? Because I make too much money now.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Just a couple days ago one of the supervisors basically laughed off the complaints and said "you know how guests are." Then when I expressed worry that I'm going to be fired any day now, she just laughed and said "Try to stay positive." If she didn't think it was such a big deal then why did she write a report and get me into huge trouble?

Comment

Quoth Despina83 View Post
        If she didn't think it was such a big deal then why did she write a report and get me into huge trouble?
        She's a two-faced liar?

Comment

A lot of them act like that. They're real people until they move up and become fake. I've watched it happen for 5 years.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

That sucks. I only hope this is karma's way of helping you find something better. You clearly weren't happy in your job, so I wish you well and hope you find something way better.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

That sucks. Hopefully karma will pay a visit and hit them HARD.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

That really sucks. Have some
                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  A lot of them act like that. They're real people until they move up and become fake. I've watched it happen for 5 years.
                  Very, very well said. I couldn't agree more.
                  "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I knew you were going to get fired. Sometimes it's disappointing to be right.

But after the day I had today, I'd say if you're out of retail it's for the best. Bleh.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that, Despina. Let's hope your period of unemployment is short and you'll find something else soon!

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
                      X