This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be worried?

This is the 1st time I've ever been called into a meeting with just me, the CFO and the head of HR. It's for Thursday morning and i have no clue what it's about.

Oy!
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Chief Finance Officer? Is that someone you would normally interract with?

Rapscallion

Comment

I would not walk into a meeting if I did not know what it is about.
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        Chief Finance Officer? Is that someone you would normally interract with?

Rapscallion
        Just at the monthly meetings.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
          I would not walk into a meeting if I did not know what it is about.
          I asked him about it and all he said was it's nothing to worry about; just a "conversation".

Comment

What is it you do?

With both the CFO and HR there I would start to think of financial irregularities... but they generally don't give you a warning about that sort of thing.
            There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
              I asked him about it and all he said was it's nothing to worry about; just a "conversation".
              Well if it IS nothing to worry about then he should have no problem telling you the subject of the meeting.

If you are really worried I would insist on having an independent person there for moral support.
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I'm just worried that it's about my sense of humor in the work place. That's the only thing I've ever gotten in any trouble for at any job.

There isn't a joke strap big enough to control it.

Comment

i think that it is one of 3 things if someone that high up wants to talk to you.
                  1 - they are doing an investigation of some sort and need to know what you know.
                  2 - possible advancement opportunity that they don't want to advertise.
                  3 - A special job assignment of some sort.

If you were being fired or reprimanded there would be no CFO involvement.

Comment

Quoth finlayfox View Post
                    i think that it is one of 3 things if someone that high up wants to talk to you.
                    1 - they are doing an investigation of some sort and need to know what you know.

Not much chance of that since any donations we receive are deposited before they come to us, except for phone donations but that would have the whole org. talking no matter what.

2 - possible advancement opportunity that they don't want to advertise.

It's possible because the dept. manager they hired for us last summer has been pretty ineffectual. Nice guy but nothing gets done that he says will. But no way in HELL do I ever want to go back to managing. I HATE that.

3 - A special job assignment of some sort.

I would think that would go through regular channels.

If you were being fired or reprimanded there would be no CFO involvement.

To me, the most likely reason is the sense of humor thing

I'll post the answer when i find out. And thanks guys and gals. :-)

Comment

And the winner is:

I was right. Some of my comment's have offended and or made others uncomfortable. The meeting was short and they were nice about it but they want me to count to 10 before I make comments and think about my words before i say them. Not sure how much luck I'll have with that. But I'll see what happens.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                        And the winner is:

I was right. Some of my comment's have offended and or made others uncomfortable. The meeting was short and they were nice about it but they want me to count to 10 before I make comments and think about my words before i say them. Not sure how much luck I'll have with that. But I'll see what happens.
                        Instead of saying them, save them up and post them here. We love them.
                        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                        HR believes the first person in the door
                        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                        Document everything
                        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

The CFO getting involved in that? Unless the CFO is your manager, then there's no place in that for a beancounter.

Most peculiar.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                            The CFO getting involved in that? Unless the CFO is your manager, then there's no place in that for a beancounter.

Most peculiar.

Rapscallion
                            He's actually the COO but he is the temp CFO until they hire a new one.

Comment

Working...
                            X