This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting statistic...

...from my completely informal research.

Approximately 50% of all factory cassette players I remove from mini-vans jingle when I shake them. For Dodge Caravans, the ratio climbs to 70%.

In such cases, it's my duty to inform Soccer Mom that her new CD player will probably look like a penny bank to the kids, too.
    Lack of freedom can be measured directly by lack of stupid. --Penn Jillette

For some reason this stat cracked me up....thank god i wasn't violating rule #1.
    My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Who are these dumbass kids who put coinage in the cassette deck?

Olive juice you too.

Comment

Before we got the new touch-screen registers at work (yay!), ALL of the keyboards would jingle because of random change that had made its way down there. That was IT's #1 complaint. I guess it made keys short out or whatever. It was always slightly satisfying though to pick a keyboard up and shake it...to hear it make that nose. It was like "ok cool....these things DO have screws loose!"

I know, I'm strange.
        Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Quoth thegiraffe View Post
          Before we got the new touch-screen registers at work (yay!), ALL of the keyboards would jingle because of random change that had made its way down there. That was IT's #1 complaint. I guess it made keys short out or whatever. It was always slightly satisfying though to pick a keyboard up and shake it...to hear it make that nose. It was like "ok cool....these things DO have screws loose!"

I know, I'm strange.
          When we got our new registers this last August, I got the job of going around and taking apart all the old registers and separating the parts that were going to be salvaged from the parts that were going to be thrown away.

Good Lord, those things had about 20 years of dust accumulated in them? No change unfortunately. But it was satisfying to throw all the discarded parts into the trash and smash them against the wall of the compactor.

Any day at work where I get to destroy things and get paid for it is a good day for me.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth BrassCowboy View Post
            Who are these dumbass kids who put coinage in the cassette deck?
            Probably the same ones that smoosh their PBJ sandwiches into the VCR....

Comment

Working...
            X