This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creepy

So we have this extendable conveyor belt where I work. We got it from our other location before I started working. The reason they gave it to us? It screwed up, wigged out, and slammed a postal service worker through a dock door and killed him. Nice huh? It's creepy because when I'm by myself doing my rounds, I swear I can hear someone talking. Problem is the place is locked up tight and I'm the only one there. I ran back out of the warehouse and stayed up front for the rest of my shift. I's chicken I forgot. They gave it to us so we could fix it.
    Last edited by Bramble; 05-07-2009, 08:53 PM. Reason: added something
    My Wajas cave

::blinkblink:: You have the Mangler at your workplace?
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I've no idea what the Mangler is. Do you have a Killer Conveyor Belt of Death too?
      My Wajas cave

Comment

Sorry, Stephen King reference. It's a killer laundry folding machine from one of his short stories. (And one of many stories to be made into a bad movie adaptation, if I recall correctly.) It likes to attack and kill people because someone accidentally bled on it and a few other things and essentially summoned a demon into it.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

At the portable storage place where I work, we have to go out into the warehouse to clock in and out. One night, the two of us who work until 8:00 were standing there waiting for the time clock to hit quittin time when we heard a sound that sounded like a tennis shoe squeaking against the floor. We both just clocked out really fast and ran to the door. We told our supervisor about it the next morning and she got this really strange look on her face. Her husband is the warehouse manager and he keeps telling her about strange things that happen out there. He has heard the same sound and also keeps getting this feeling like somebody is standing right behind him, but there's nobody there. Tomorrow night, I will be working by myself and I dread going out there alone. All those stacks and rows of empty (and some full) storage units gives me the creeps anyway.
          "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth Bramble View Post
            The reason they gave it to us? It screwed up, wigged out, and slammed a postal service worker through a dock door and killed him.
            Holy frijoli! O.O
            See, my instinct if you have murderous hardware is to destroy it, not pass it along like a handmedown Even if you guys are supposed to fix it, I'd REALLY rather get a new or second-hand one, rather than a fixed machine that KILLED SOMEONE >.<
            *shudder* I don't think I could stand being anywhere near something like that.

Comment

Working...
            X