X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bouncy

GUESS WHAT?????

Week after next, I have THREE DAYS OFF IN A ROW.

I know that this doesn't seem like much to be all bouncy about, but it is.

See, the normal night person has been in the hospital for 2 months, so I have been doing a lot of night shifts. I do NOT sleep well during the day, so 2 night shifts in a row generally go something like this (names of days used for clarity, weekends don't exist, and I don't get breaks)

Tuesday- Work 2pm to 10pm
    Wednesday- Sleep from 3 am to 10 or 11am
    Start work at 11pm.
    Thursday- Get off work at 7am. Find myself unable to sleep at all.
    Start work at 11pm.
    Friday- Get off work at 7am. Find myself unable to sleep at all.
    Enjoy my "day off"
    Conk out around 11pm
    Saturday- REAL day off, far too short

Yeah, that's what the rare two days "off" have been like for the past 2 months. I've also pulled 15 hour shifts, literally lived at work, been screamed at, worked 6 days a week (one check I had 24 hours OT!!!), worked a 9a to 6pm shift one day, a 2pm to 10pm the next day, then a 3rd shift the next day (all three days in a row) etc etc.

This 3 day off thing is preceded by a noon to 8pm shift. I swear, I squeaked. I was that happy. Just thinking about it... I'm tearing up. I need it so bad. All this crap would be hell with any job, but I work customer service. I have to talk to people and be intelligent at 3 am. *sigh*

Sorry... I needed that....
    "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

More a GWC thread, methinks. However, the title made me think of my pet name for Beyonce...

Rapscallion

Comment

Part of me really wants to know Raps... And part of me is afraid to ask.
      "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

Beyonce/Bouncy. Sounds similar enough in the echoing confines of my narrow mind.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
        X