Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On the first day of inventory, the swamp it gave to me....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the first day of inventory, the swamp it gave to me....

a cookware set backstocked in H and B.....

When we came in today, the first thing we did was pull and fill autopull, so there would be less to count in the backroom.

While pulling, I found a cookware set shoved on a shelf in HBA backstock. Cookware sets don't go there. They don't even go downstairs. They go upstairs, by the rest of the cookware. Duh!

There was a knee brace right next to it on the same shelf. That was supposed to go along the wall with the rest of the pharmaceutical stuff. Seriously, we have signs in every section of the backroom telling you what goes there, why won't anybody read them?

I also found shampoo, body wash, slim fast and facial care stuff on the same shelf--in the toothpaste section. None of this stuff was located.

What has to be happening is the floor people are just backstocking their returns at night instead of trying to put them away. They've been talked to about disguising their returns as pulls in the backroom, so I guess this is what they do now when they don't want to actually look for stuff.

And if they do locate items, they locate them in the wrong spots. They put them on one shelf but scan them onto a different shelf. And then we have problems with items not being where the scanner says they should be, and the location gets deleted, and our backroom locator accuracy numbers go in the toilet. And then we wonder why we can't find stuff when we need it.

I'd call my co-workers retarded, but I don't want to insult the mentally handicapped by comparing them to my co-workers. :/
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Silly Irv. Didn't you know that Twelve Days Of Inventory is for Christmas?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Inventory during Christmastime=Irv committing suicide by trash compactor.

You couldn't pay me enough to do inventory when there's so many people and so much merchandise around.

Comment

*waves hand* I'm a bit confused... so, customers stick merchandise where it doesn't go and employees leave it there, is that it?

Comment

I think this is all in the backroom, so it's Irv's coworkers pulling this.

*shakes head* Too much laziness. *hands Irv gummy bears*
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Ohh, I think I see...

Comment

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
              I think this is all in the backroom, so it's Irv's coworkers pulling this.
              Yup. What's happening is the floor people are taking the returns from the service desk and putting them in backstock instead of trying to replace them on the floor.

It makes me not happy.

Comment

Ohh, now I get it.... wow. -_-; That's a little........

Comment

Working...
                X