This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm being tested....

About 10 days ago the heater in our installation bay broke down. Someone was called out to check it and we were told the entire unit needed to be replaced, about a 6-8 hour job. They gave our managers a quote, our managers passed it on to the corporate office, and there the matter appears to have rested. No one in the store can give me any idea on when or if the heater is going to be replaced, and none of them seem to care very much. Meanwhile the average temperature in my bay all day is 55-60F.

Yesterday both of the restrooms were out of order in our store. The only working restroom was the small one attached to our install bay's waiting room. We have an outside entrance and also a door leading into the main store (opposite the out-of-order restrooms) that stays locked at all times. Of course, all day yesterday I was expected to unlock the door for customers and employees that needed to use the restroom...about every 2 minutes. We can't just leave the door unlocked because we have an outside exit and people will just walk out with TVs. So I have to listen for knocks, stop what I'm working on, let people in, wait until they're done with the bathroom then let them out again. Sometimes I had lines of people in my waiting room for the restroom.

Our store's trash compactor is also broken down, so many trash cans are filled and can't be emptied soon. My manager removed our (mostly empty) trash can from the install bay so it can be used in an area where it's more urgently needed: the employee break room.

I'm in at 2:30 this afternoon and I confidently expect to be working in 55 degree temperatures, acting as Official Store Restroom Gatekeeper and throwing all my trash into a cardboard box.
    Lack of freedom can be measured directly by lack of stupid. --Penn Jillette

OK, that just sucks. I hope you have some sweaters or something that can be worn to help keep you warm. Thank god our store has two bailers and trash compactors.
    "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

LOL, I read 55 degrees, and thought "Jesus, that's inhuman!" - then I realised you meant Fahrenheit. If it gets over 40 Celcius here, they send school kids home for the day.

If you can't wear a sweater over your uniform, layers of stuff underneath will keep you really warm. You might look like the Michelin Man, but at least you won't freeze. =)
      God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you. - Angelspit, '100%'

I'm sorry, I'm not authorised to give a f**k.

Comment

Sounds like a Hazardous Working Enviroment to me.
        http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
        Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Working...
        X