This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Cosmic Cat View Post
    They did? Yay! They own all the stations here, except the weird ones like the opera station.
    You have a station that just plays opera?

*moves to Texas*
    A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
    - Dave Barry

Comment

One commercial I can't stand now...is the Toys R Us one with the screaming kids. The entire commercial consists of two kids screaming while opening up presents. That wouldn't happen at my house--my mother would tell them to shut the hell up
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Giggle Goose View Post
        Hate that one! Even when he was away from Lowe's, he was still happy to answer any asshat's question. I'd just be like "F off, I'm not at Lowe's anymore." Because all retail employees don't have lives of their own, apparently.
        Tell me about it. I got upset enough when my dad and I were shopping where I worked, and he pointed me out to another customer.

He was building an addition onto his house, and we stopped by to pick up some materials, using my employee discount. While we were there, another customer asked my dad if he would happen to know where the store kept a certain item. My dad told him he didn't know, but that I worked there and would be able to help him.

I was somewhat caught off guard, and all I could think to do was say that I was still fairly new on the job and didn't know, off the top of my head, where it might be.

Once the other customer was out of earshot, I told my dad not to do that to me again. He couldn't seem to understand why I got so upset, but then I'm not sure he ever worked any kind of retail job. I might not have minded so much if telling someone where something might be was all I had to do, but with my luck, he would have had all kinds of questions about it. Or worse yet, a dozen other people overhear that I work there, and all expect me to help them on my day off. NOT happening!
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
        X