X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't you hate it when...

5:40pm- Get dressed and ready for work.
    6:00pm- Arrive at work, start normal shift activities.
    6:15pm- Other manager arrives and asks me what I'm doing here?
    6:30pm- Arrive home.

Yes, I wrote my schedule down wrong and went to work on my day off.

Don't you just HATE that?

EDIT: Did I spell schedule right? It looks off to me.
    Last edited by NightAngel; 11-14-2006, 11:02 PM.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

You did spell it right.
    Sadly, I haven't experienced that. My last job was scheduled so it was the same every week.
    "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

That hasn't happened to me...yet...but I'm always afraid it will!!!!!!!!
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

theres this guy i work with, J. last week, he got warned about showing up late for work, because he was always a few minutes late, even though he lives closer to the store that anybody! he walks to work, and it takes him about 10 minutes. we have somebody that has to drive from milwaukee to kenosha. yet, he is always late. the day after he got talked to, he showed up at 7:50. the store opens at 8. so hes all happy that he got there on time...only to find out that he is supposed to work at noon....

Comment

I hate when that happens! Luckily it doesnt happen that often, and sometimes I can work regardless at least for a short while
          But yeah, my schedules never the same week to week so its tricky

Comment

Our time clock system won't allow us to clock in if we're not scheduled. The managers put the schedule into the time clock system on the computer, and if we try to clock in more than four minutes before we're scheduled we get a "punch rejected" notice after we enter our number and it doesn't prompt for fingerprint verification.

This is fun when the manager puts the schedule into the computer wrong. Not a big deal though, just fill out a time and attendance sheet, have it signed by a manager on duty, and pass it on to your immediate supervisor.
            "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
            "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
            My MySpace
            My LiveJournal

Comment

Yep, have done that before...ha, and a good story about that too...

This is a couple weeks ago...I just got grounded from my car (I'm 17), and I told my mom I had to work. She gave me a ride. I usually work 4-8:30 or 4-8pm depending on if they want to labor me for 30 more minutes.
              Anyways, I arrive at work at about 3:30pm, and start doing some homework, and my girlfriend arrives. We chat, and then she clocks in about 5 minutes early to talk to a manager, no biggy.
              I go to clock in, and it says "Rejected. Not Scheduled" or something like that. I'm like "WTF?" I go look at my schedule, and I was suppose to work tomorrow, and not today. I told my manager, who happens to be one of my best friends moms, and she says there isn't any help tomorrow, so I can't switch days. (Again, I'm only allowed 20hrs a week, so adding 4 would mess everything up).
              Call my mom, and realise that she is an important business meeting.
              Call my dad, and realise that he is at the airport ready to leave for a business trip.
              Call my friends, they are at work.

So I sit at work for 4 hours doing absolutley NOTHING.
              Happily free of Kwik Trip!

Comment

I did something like that a few weeks ago, but the opposite. I wrote out my schedule, and didn't go in on the day I was posted to work.

I normally have a very random schedule. Work one day, next 3 off, work 1 day, off a day, work a day, etc. Never anything normal about it. So I get easily confused about when I have to work if I don't have a copy of my schedule with me.

Like I said, I did not show up on my scheduled work day. I thought I had the day off. But did they call me to ask where I was? Yes.. but 4 hours after my shift ended. They got my voice mail.

I come in the next day, which I was supposed to have off, and walk up to the timeclock and my supervisor asks why I am there, and where I was yesterday.

Man, I looked like a fool. Felt like one too.
                Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

They got me to stay and help out for 4 hours. Co-worker tried to get me to stay a full 8 1/2 hour shift. I told him to f-off.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

That happened to me once. I was working at Walmart. I was doing my whole shift, and it went like this

SM: What are you doing?
                    ME: Working....Why?
                    SM: You are not suppose to be here
                    Me:
                    SM: You probably think that I meant you are fired, huh?
                    Me: Yeah
                    SM: Today is your day off
                    ME:

I got an extra day, just because of that.
                    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I do that sometimes, and the sad part is, I MAKE the schedule for the techs, so out of everyone I should know better!

Ah well, they still love me anyways....

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                        I do that sometimes, and the sad part is, I MAKE the schedule for the techs, so out of everyone I should know better!

Ah well, they still love me anyways....
                        My sup (who makes the schedule) often asks me how I managed a particular situation.

My reply is: You're asking ME? You made the schedule!
                        I AM the evil bastard!
                        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I don't think anyone would ever notice if I mixed up my days, because my schedule is so erratic anyway. (Not to mention going in on off days, switching with coworkers, rescheduling, coming in early...)
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Never came in on a day off. But once shortly after I started working for Bingo-**** I came in thinking I had the 4:30-1 shift. Turns out I actually had the 12-8:30 shift, so I was only about 4 hours late

Fortunately my then-manager was ok about it. That was the first and only time I ever took overtime at that place.
                            Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Working...
                            X