This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Emergency" Call

Yesterday, a lady called asking for one of the employees in produce saying that it was an emergency. I quickly tried to find the produce employee but couldn't find him so I passed the message onto the meat manager. It turned out that it wasn't an emergency call even though the lady said it was. I really wish people wouldn't say that something is an emergency unless it actually is.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

I'm not sure what the call was about. When my coworker at the service desk was on the phone with the produce employee, she asked him if he got the call. He said did and she asked if it was an emergency. He said it wasn't and my coworker at the service desk let me know.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Comment

When I first started this job - I lived in a 3/4 way house - a house where you can stay dirty cheap while you put your life back together from various states of array.

One of my roommates called on a couple occasions and stated it was an emergency - I had to call her right away. Now, in the house I lived in, we had problems - lots of problems with other housemates, so an emergency could be bad - But, mind you, I work in a call center, where I was timed on my "ready to serve" - meaning how long I am available to serve our members. I had to put myself in auxiliary work in order to take the calls...

One time, she wanted to know how to get to my place of work so she could apply. Another time, she wanted to know if she could borrow 10 bucks for gas. (she then came to my work and when I handed her the 10, she saw another and asked for the whole 20! - she paid me back - but man!) These were not emergencies. I told her to stop calling me at work because I was getting in trouble.
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

If no one is in danger of becoming a dead ex person, there is no emergency.

Comment

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post
          If no one is in danger of becoming a dead ex person, there is no emergency.
          I wish I could tell that to the sales critters that I get to deal with.

"Sorry, Mr. Sales Critter - it's *NOT* an emergency that you get that network designed today. In fact, it can't be done. Too bad." <click>

B
          "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
          I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Working...
          X