This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm never taking a day off again...

well, okay, I probably will but not for a while.

So I took off yesterday (my grandmothers 94th birthday) and was 5 1/2 hours drive away from the office. I got woken up at 7:30 by a lovely call from my boss.

Boss: Hey Jamba, Co-worker was wondering if you did anything to his phone?
    Me (not awake at all and thinking she's talking about his work phone): No, is it not working? I can walk you through switching out the unit.
    Boss: What about Other Co-worker's computer? Did you move it?
    Me (still a little slow but I wasn't awake): No, although I know I need to do updates this week.
    Boss: Well apparently someone broke into the office this weekend and stole coworker1's iPhone and coworker2's computer.

Yeah, my day off was spent baking a cake, calling the police department, talking with property management and serving tea to 10 old ladies...it was...fun.

What I don't get is that they stole 1 computer, 1 iPhone, an iPod out of my desk (found that out today when I got in - but the battery is very dead and doesn't really work anymore so I'm not super pissed), a backpack (from my office, more pissed about this, I loved that bag), and a cash box with like 30 bucks in it. They left 6 other computers! We think they might have taken that one because it was the newest and smallest.

This sucks.
    A crisis is a problem you can't control. Drama is a problem you can, but won't. - Otter
Working...
X