This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This left me scratching my head.

Not sure what category this goes in. Not sucky, not stupid, just plain weird.

A guy who'd commissioned a horse costume from me a couple of years ago just e-mailed me. He said that he wanted to lengthen the neck flap on the costume's head, and could I please tell him where I bought the fur fabric for it, so he could get some.

I responded and said that the company I got it from has since gone out of business, but I actually had a yard left over from building his suit that I'd happily sell to him.

He replied and said, "No thank you, I guess I'll just make a new head for the suit instead."

I'm left completely puzzled by this exchange. A new head for the costume still would need that same fabric, otherwise it wouldn't match the body! And a yard is more than enough to do a head from if he'd just changed his mind and wanted a whole new head anyway.

The only two things I can think of is that the first post was fishing for free leftover fabric, but he didn't actually want to buy any, or that maybe he wanted to make an entire new suit and thought for some reason I wouldn't approve of this and wouldn't tell him where to get the fabric unless he lied to me?

I really have no idea, it just doesn't make any sense at all!
    The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/
Working...
X