This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's get ready to RRRRUMBLE!

Oh, the things I miss when I'm not on days! It was another red-letter day at the fabulous Looneyland yesterday, and Bungee Boss was largely responsible for that. Here is the blow-by-blow description:

Clang Clang! Round 1:

When the store opened at 8, our PS3 campers came in (orderly, I might add ) to purchase their PS3s. The apparel manager called up Bungee Boss to come down and get their PS3s out of the cash office. Bungee Boss told her to go pound sand. I guess he had more important things to do at his desk, probably involving a can of Skoal and a styrofoam cup.

Clang Clang! Round 2:

Due to a scheduling SNAFU, there was only one person to cover all of hardlines for most of the morning. Rather than come down to help this person, Bungee Boss called the apparel manager and asked her if she could send one of her people over to hardlines. Because she couldn't spare anybody herself, and remembering the little go-round they had had earlier, the apparel manager told Bungee Boss to go take a flying leap. So we had to make do with one person covering the entire hardlines side, answering all the calls for hardlines departments, and doing carryouts.

Clang Clang! Round 3:

Bungee Boss got into a big fight with the assistant apparel manager. I do not know what prompted this spat, but the end result was Bungee Boss going home for lunch--and not coming back for the rest of his shift.

Clang Clang! Round 4:

Sometime in the evening, Bungee Boss called the store and got the assistant apparel manager, the same person he had fought with before. He asked her how the truck unloaders were doing with last night's truck. She told him not to worry about it, and it was none of his business since he ducked out early.

Clang Clang! Round 5:

This one does not involve Bungee Boss. This involves the aforementioned truck unloaders. One of the unloaders is a guy who was plucked off the salesfloor and has pretty much assumed the leadership role in the backroom, making sure everybody does what they are supposed to. One of the other unloaders is an older lady whose job it is to unpack all the hanging softlines from the boxes, hang everything and then remove the plastic. She works about as slowly as a tortoise on Sominex and does not like being told what to do. Well this guy told her to work faster, because her merchandise took up almost the entire conveyor belt and the other unloaders were having to walk up into the truck to get at their merchandise. She responded by calling him an asshole and threw a box at his head, striking him in the temple. Of course, he went straight to the managers about that.

God help us, we haven't even started the Christmas rush and already we're at each other's throats.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily
Working...
X