This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps will love this one...

This morning I get my work laptop up and running, get IE and Outlook running (for work stuff) and the FF up and running (not approved - but who is going to stop IT? - for non work surfing).

i get on CS.com and everything is fine.

An hour or so later I go back to browse some more - what? Firewall blocked?

hmm, Let me check again. Still blocked.

I close out that tab, open a new one and type in customerssuck.com - still blocked.

I guess my company put this site on their black list.

The funny part? The reason code is "Adult content". What the f***?
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Poor filtering on the word 'suck' most likely. Someone looks at the URL and doesn't go to the site, then blacklists it.
    "Joi's CEO is about as sneaky and subtle as a two year old on crack driving an air craft carrier down Broadway." - Broomjockey

Comment

I can assure you I wouldn't want any of my 'customers' sucking on anything thank you very much!
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Hmmm, customersslurp.com doesn't really have the same ring...

Rapscallion

Comment

customersspit.com? Half of em do while yelling, anyway...
          Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Arm View Post
            Poor filtering on the word 'suck' most likely. Someone looks at the URL and doesn't go to the site, then blacklists it.
            I guess someone posted "entitlement whore" once to many, quick, let's see who posted it around 8:00AM-9:00AM EST this morning!!

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
            Hmmm, customersslurp.com doesn't really have the same ring...

Rapscallion
            That's just wrong.

Quoth Fenrus View Post
            customersspit.com? Half of em do while yelling, anyway...
            That's what the customers normally do.
            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
              That's just wrong.
              My work here isn't done, but it's certainly just had one task crossed off the list.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                I can assure you I wouldn't want any of my 'customers' sucking on anything thank you very much!
                I wouldn't mind if some of mine did

and oh, this reminds me... customerssuck.com was actually mentioned in my intro to business law class (I don't think the professor knew it was a real sight though )
                Having a website that ends in 'suck.com' is legally defined as a complaining site and registering such a name is known as cybergriping (I bet someone on this site just learned something )
                The professor said "so if someone hates dealing with customers at their job for example, they could create a site named customerssuck.com to complain about the customers at their job"
                ... funny you should mention that prof
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

This site is now un-blocked, I don't know what happened, maybe someone audited the site?
                  Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                    This site is now un-blocked, I don't know what happened, maybe someone audited the site?
                    And they still unblocked it? Must have missed all of Sheldon's posts.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                    X