This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Rahmota View Post
    I dunno what to do either though. I gave up lying on those thigns since that didnt seem to be working. Trying to tell them what they wanna hear doesnt seem to be working. And telling the truth sure as heck aint workin.

Between these stupid things and credit checks as part of the hiring process its like its a war to get a job of any kind in america. The sooner those two insults to decent people are outlawed the better off things will be.

Sorry I am rather bitter about this as I have had several jobs where I was very qualified, interviewed well told I was right for the job only to be denied the position due to poor credit or one of these ugly tests.
    Same here.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Rahmota View Post

Sorry I am rather bitter about this as I have had several jobs where I was very qualified, interviewed well told I was right for the job only to be denied the position due to poor credit or one of these ugly tests.
      Poor credit.... No job.... Background checks for crime I can see, but my debt is no one's business.

Comment

Quoth dispatch View Post
        an electronics and furniture store because of poor credit, they told her flat out "people with poor credit are more likely to steal from the drawer"
        Would've told the store fucknut that I was trying to earn money to FIX my credit.... Hm, maybe that's why I never get a call for an interview.... I'm poor so I must be a thief!

Comment

You know, if you were a really GOOD thief, you wouldn't be poor...so...why would they worry about it?

Not that credit has any bearing on it. I have relatively all right credit and I could rob a store blind without their ever realizing it. I just don't because it's not worth having to listen to that irritating voice in my head telling me it's wrong to prey on the stupid and ill-equipped.

*found the dead spot in Wal-Mart today and is sighing over choice to go straight*
          "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Originally Posted by dispatch
            an electronics and furniture store because of poor credit, they told her flat out "people with poor credit are more likely to steal from the drawer"
            I was told that same thing "off the record" of course by the person I had been interviewing with. They said management and HR had some studies or somethign that showed people with poor credit where more likely to steal. Yeah right. I suppose the head guys at Enron all had poor credit?

But yeah I'll agree with a criminal background check, especially if the job is sensitive. You know around dugs or money or guns or all of the above. That's rather reasonable as long as if the person has done their time and been clean long enough it isnt really held against them. But if they just got out of jail for the 15th time last week for something like drugs or theft then that might be rather bad news.

Tria quoted as:Would've told the store fucknut that I was trying to earn money to FIX my credit....
            Somehow I doubt that would really work with some of these people.

Wagegoth is quoted as stating:But, come on, you know all they have to do is tell you they hired someone more qualified.
            Oh definately. I have a stack of those form letters I could probably wallpaper a small garage. I mean its to te point where I could quote them.

Oh and while I m on my soapbox here. One thing I hate about temp agencies. They never fire you. They just stop finding jobs for you or all the jobs they have are filled or otherwise you arn't right for the job according to the client..

Feh.

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
              Or, like the family that ran the Adelphia cable company... into bankruptcy by looting a billion dollars from it. I think it was a prosecutor who said, "They used the company as their personal ATM."

That is what my main Owner was doing at first. Now he comes in and complains that he needs gas, because he always has to come in. He just comes in on his own, we are doing perfect without him. but I can't complain, because I am the best person that he has working with them. He is always trying to find ways that I get more money. Now that is Cool
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
              X