X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your uniform

What do you wear for work?

Me:

Shirt, quilted jacket which can be worn as a gillet with sleeves zipped out if you choose, either charcoal grey trousers or a skirt (long or short, much more glam than trousers lol) ever so sexy 2 inch heel black court shoes, tops can be worn tucked in or out but if tucked in must wear the belt. Neckscarf tied in a cravat or bow style. In cold rainy weather, raincoat, gloves and woolly scarf.

And my lovely heavy crew bag! I also travel to and from work in my uniform by public transport which makes me feel ever so glamourous!
    No longer a flight atttendant!

A red apron with the franchise/company name on it. That's it.

Comment

Whatever I feel like, within reason. :-D
      Gun control is hitting your target; recycling is reloading your brass.
      "It's not our fault the Business School makes you buy those crappy Gateways!"
      "The queue is..."

Comment

Only a red apron? Wow, never been to one of those stores before, well once but I had to pay a cover charge.

Me, blue jeans and a polo shirt, or a long sleeve button down (or flannel). Sometimes a company T-shirt.

Comment

Black pants and long sleeved company shirt that I had to buy myself and company tie. They wanted me to wear nice shoes. F*** that, I wore runners that were quite broken in (read: had holes in them). Then I wore that shirt one week when I had to do "special jobs" for the GM because the owner was selling. After painting outside on a windy day and cleaning out the overflow from the trash compactor, I needed a new shirt.

Which I had to buy myself.
          free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

Well, at my job at the pharmacy where I'm now only going to work around holidays when I'm home, we have to wear jeans, sneakers, and our Pharmacy shirts. The guys get short sleeve, polo ones and long sleeve button up shirts. The girls get a dark red version of the button ups and they just roll up the sleeves. He's pretty lenient about it. If you are coming from somewhere and are going to be late without stopping home for a change of clothes, he's usually ok with it.

My summer job at the race track is very strict about what we wear. Must wear khaki shorts or pants. Must wear the plain, dark red polo shirt they give you(I had a slightly brighter one I'd wear to save on laundry and never got caught.). We were supposed to wear our nametags and our tips certified badges but that nearly never happened. At lest I never wore my tips certified badge.

My old job in a warehouse, my boss said just to wear whatever was comfy a.k.a. t-shirt and shorts.
            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Black shoes, black pants, white button-down shirt with collar, black clip-on tie, red or green apron (depending on department) with store logo, red sweatshirt with store logo (in season), and baseball cap with store logo, if working in a department that deals with food. Oh, and name tags. Can't forget about the name tags.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

The company I work with gave me several really nice polo shirts to wear to work. Other than wearing one of those, it's up to me-usually I wear jeans and my old, battered, yet obscenely comfortable Vans.
                I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Khaki/tan color pants or jeans and either the blue polo or whatever promo t-shirt we currently have. I like the current one- it's black with the Happy Feet penguins on it.
                  "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                  HellGate: London

Comment

Overnight: Grubby t-shirt, grubby jeans or shorts when the weather is hot, old tennis shoes.

If you work during the day you have to wear one of the company's polo shirts or a white button-down shirt and khakis. This is what I'll most likely have to wear now that the store is staying open later at night and opening earlier in the morning.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

For the substitute job I wear either a blouse and nice slacks or a skirt with sensible shoes. For the Sears job I wear black jeans with either a white or black shirt and steel-toed shoes.
                      Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

T-shirt, jeans and tennies. When it's cold then long sleeve shirt, t-shirt, jeans and hiking boots.
                        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I LOVE my work uniform (and no, I'm not being sarcastic, I really love it)! Solid black pants or skirt, solid black shoes, solid black or white top. No restrictions as to clothing style as long as it's in good taste...the more fashionable and trendier, the better. Trendy accessorization encouraged. Hair must be styled and employees are encouraged to change hairstyle and color (ANY color is allowed) frequently. Makeup must be applied and creativity is also encouraged. Lastly, black aprons with the company logo are required, but they're necessary to keep everyone's clothes from being covered in makeup all the time, plus you gotta have the big pockets to haul brushes and stuff around!

Comment

Whatever i want
                            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Jeans and T-shirt for warehouse work. Jeans and shirt for office work.

Funny thing about our place - we're generally very informal about dress. There used to be a guy working there called Johnny Pants because every pair of trousers he had were lime green.

Our interview invitation tells people to dress casually, as it will involve a tour around the warehouse. We still see people in pin-stripe suits from time to time, which is hilarious. We also see stilletos as the group try to navigate the stairs to the mezzanine floor - it's pretty much a mesh floor for each step. That part has been known to be a spectator sport.

I passed my final interview there dressed in a grubby high visibility vest, a disreputable white T-shirt, mucky jeans, and a pair of scuffed steep toe-capped boots.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                              X