Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alt+0252 for a U with an umlaut, and Alt+0191 for an inverted question mark. Enter the numbers on the keypad or it won't work. Or ü and ¿ in H.T.M.L., or Option+U and Option+Shift+? on a Macintosh.

Now that's thread-hijackery.
    You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

OK, I figured out what I did wrong. The list of codes I was looking at showed Alt-191 (no leading 0). Thanks!
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Oh dear God . . . it was HELL at the Kitty. I wasn't originally scheduled to go in up front (I'm working w/the scannng manager on Wednesdays now) but b/c there was no ad change (ours Thanksgiving ad runs until this coming Tuesday) I was called in anyways. One of the closing baggers (who had earlier in the week was trying to get out of coming in that evening) ended up pulling a no-show (he was told earlier that week that it was mandatory for him to be there if he was scheduled.)

CSM called his cell, and was hung up on. She called right back, got transferred to voicemail. So she called me around 12:15 that afternoon (after I had been up since 6 a.m. and had been to 3 different WM stores that morning trying to find an electric heater w/remote) and was pretty desperate.

I ended up working not only as a bagger and getting in carts (and we were having heavy rain since Tuesday morning, but luckily by Wed. evening it was off and on rain) I ended up running register to help cover breaks. By the time I finally was able to leave (almost 11 p.m. after having to block up the eggs and milk BY MYSELF and having trouble lifting the crates as it was) I was tired, somehwat damp from repeated trips to the parking lot for carts, cranky, pissed off and ready to commit murder.

And to add insult to injury, we had a pinpad missing from one of the registers (it wouldn't work Tuesday night and I was sent home almost 2 hours early b/c they didn't have another register to move me to.) Nevermind the sign posted over the end of the checklane stating CASH or CHECK ONLY, and repeated annoucements made to remind customers of that fact, we still had people get into the lane wanting to use cards, then get upset at ME b/c they have to move to another register

Lines were nonstop up front, and didn't start dying down until almost 9:30 (this store closes at 10) and no sooner did I get all the carts back into the store, they were pililng up outside again.

I'd so love to meet that moron that didn't want to come in and give him a workover so bad, he'd think Porky was his mama
        Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 11-26-2006, 03:21 AM.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
        X