This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New phone system

Up until a few weeks ago, we actually had phone phones on our desks... phones that rang, and that we'd pick up when we were good and ready.

Now we have virtual phones. Instead of having to actually answer it, we get alerted with a beep, and whammo! the caller's on the line.

None of us are very fond of this because we don't always get the beep.

And so it was today that one of my coworkers was telling us a story about a friend of his. This coworker has a tendency to pause between phrases: "And, so, after I've known him for awhile.... he said... 'by the way... did I ever tell you about my heroin addiction?'" Suddenly the coworker stopped and looked like the world was about to come to an end.

You guessed it... if someone decides to listen to this call for training purposes, here's how it'll sound.

Co-Worker: ... Did I ever tell you about my heroin addiction?
    Caller: Um... no. But if you really need to talk about it right now, I guess I could listen.
    Co-worker: (long pause) I never even heard the phone beep. I'm so sorry....

The other co-worker and I figured out what was happening... and so our next callers were treated to the sound of us laughing uncontrollably.

That's a true story.
    I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

That....is the single dumbest thing I have ever heard of. What is the point of switching from regular phones to that? The specific reasoning for having a phone ring is so you stop talking about things like the skanky hookup you found last night midway through the bender...

Technology makes me cry sometimes
    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Exactly... and it's especially bad where I sit (well, where I did sit... I'm changing shifts this weekend). We're tucked away in a corner of our own and new hires are told, "That row does not exist... you have no reason to ever go over there."

We're hoping that if enough of these incidents happen, we'll get our phone phones back.
      I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

TnT Said:Co-Worker: ... Did I ever tell you about my heroin addiction?
        Caller: Um... no. But if you really need to talk about it right now, I guess I could listen.
        That for some reason just strikes me as hill-air-eee-ousss. At least the caller was polite about it.

Thats about like answering a phone goodbye. ONe of those things that makes ya go hunh?

I am also imagining your office having a jedi nearby those are not the desks you are looking for.

MAyeb I should sleep more.

Comment

my 3 weeks at the call centre (and 3 times on the phone) thats what we got...

BING, BING BING BING F**KING BING BING BING!!!!!

I HATE that sound now

It was that stupid bing that set off my panic attacks....I felt like I was on edge every single second, physically I would tense up until my legs cramped and my head went all light...

I hated never knowing when that god damned bing would come

BING!!
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I would hate that so much. I would rather hear the phone ring, intstead of beeping. My cell does that with call waiting, and Most of the time, I cannot hear it, then I get b****ed at my one of my buddies.
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
            X