X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone elses problem (long)

ok, this is really two stories in one.

1) I work in a video rental place. Now, when someone rents a movie and never returns it, a bill for the movie is issued to the cutomer from the main office. The stores have NOTHING to do with the billing process, so there is very little i can do for a customer who recieves a bill. That being said, all the bills are issued on the same day each month, so it's usually about two days after that I get swamped with angry customers with big WTF attitudes. Yesterday was one of those days... which brings me to

2) A billing situation made that much worse by our competition. I had a lady stop in last night with a bill for more than $100 dollars in late fees. Naturally she was upset, but she wasn't being mean or anything so I was coping pretty well with her situation. As it turned out, she had rented several movies from us and never returned them. Now, the way our system works is that if you rent something and dont bring it back, our computers will track the late fees for two weeks, and then the video is automatically sold to the account. So her bill was for the late fees as well as the cost of the videos. I explained to her that she could still bring back the movies and we could credit her the sold tape cost, and then just have her pay the late fees.

So far she had been pretty upset, but reasonable. Unfortunately at this point she came pretty close to crossing the line to SC territory. She insisted she had not rented the videos through us, but rather through another nearby video place. Thankfully, her daughter who was standing with her pointed out that she must have rented them from us for us to have a record of it in our computer (yay brainy teenagers, somtimes I love them). So anyway, the woman decides to go and check with the other video place to see if she returned them there by accident (as I assumed she must have given she thought that that was were she had rented them).

Now at this point I really had thought the situation was resolved. She would get the movies from the other store, bring them to us, pay her late fees and all would be well with the world.

uuuuummm, no.

Less than one hour later she calls back. It turns out she had returned them to the wrong store, but when she went there to get them they refused to give the movies back to her! She askes why not? they tell her that they can't give the movies to her becaouse she might not be who she says she is, and she may be trying to steal those movies! I'm thinking "thanks guys, call my customer a thief and then leave me to pick up the pieces" So now I have to call the other store, tell them to give the movies back to my customer so she can return them, and put up with them being snide and condesending telling me that it's against their company policy to give the videos back to the customer. At this point I was so tired of the whole thing I just told them "They are MY stores videos, she is My customer, and they had better go by MY companies policy and return the damn things!"

So to bring this very long and painfully drawn out story to an anticlimatic end

They did.
    Now I'm late for class, gotta run all!
    Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Heh, I feel your pain.

Down the street from my store is a Hollywood Video, a grocery store that rents movies and the library has movies. We get Holloywood Videos movies all the time and vice versa. We're always calling eachother and sending customers to get the movies. On rare occasion we'll get a library movie. Funny thing though... to the best of my knowledge, we've never received any of the grocery stores movies.

I once had the manager from a local car dealership come in with a couple of movies. He said this woman had traded in her car and when they were detailing it they had found the movies wedged under the seat.

I so don't miss late fees...
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Comment

Working...
    X