This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yikes, what timing

Ok, so remember my first choice job "A"? Well they called me today to tell me that they have an opening now. I am meeting her on Wednesday to discuss it. I think she may be offering me the job.

Damn. LOL

I give my notice. My DM talks me into staying. Now this. I was thinking I would get through Holiday where I am then in the New Year when "A" was SUPPOSED to be offering me a job I would take it.
    That way I don't get a hitman on me from my DM. At least I would have stayed through Holiday.

Yikes. I want this job, though. Show me the money is all I have to say.
    "There is no rehab for stupidity." --Chris Rock
    "You learn something new and stupid every day you work in retail."--IhateCrappyTire

Just remember, you have to take care of your own interests before that of your current job. Don't let them guilt you or whatever into staying if job "A" is the one that is better for you.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth ZumZum View Post
      That way I don't get a hitman on me from my DM.
      And if the DM were suddenly offered a better job that he really wanted, would he stay?
      I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
        And if the DM were suddenly offered a better job that he really wanted, would he stay?
        Good point. Thanks.
        "There is no rehab for stupidity." --Chris Rock
        "You learn something new and stupid every day you work in retail."--IhateCrappyTire

Comment

Working...
        X