This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code Adam

Yesterday, a customer came up to the service desk and mentioned that one of her daughters was missing. My coworker got the daughter's name and description. I announced a Code Adam over the intercom and so did my coworker. A few other coworkers including myself went to search for the customer's missing daughter who was found a couple minutes later.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

I got yelled at, when I was helping with a code Adam. Ofcourse, everyone has to drop what they are doing, and help look for the child, that is what I did, and I got yelled at for it. Damn WM. I got told, that I should have been getting carts instead, of searching for a child
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I work in a mall, and during training they were telling us about how our store "supports" Code Adam.

Because of my background (SparkNotes version: my ex-husband is a moron who thinks he's above the law), I asked if we shut the gate or what we do if someone loses a kid. The training manager looked at me like I was stupid and said "of course not. We just support Code Adam, we don't actually do anything about it."

She just had a baby two months ago. I wonder if she's changed her opinion yet.

Comment

One of the last times we had a Code Adam, my job was to stand by the door in grocery receiving to make sure no child (with or without child abductor) left through the docking area.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

The first time i heard them call a code Adam scared me to death. Because all i could do is think of my daughter.

But this women had told her 7 year old to go from sporting goods department all the way to grocery to get a drink. Woman also said she'd be there waiting for him to come back.

well she didn't stay there she went here and there then came to me and said "I can't find my son"

i asked where he was last and all the information needed called the code Adam.

We found the child crying in sporting goods department. she grabed him up thinkin she was going to spank him.

i stepped in front of him and told her if she was stupid enough to send a 7 year old across wal-mart along, i'd be d*mned if she was going to spank him.

he was 7. i hate some parents and there lack of parenting skills.
          I Have Nothing But The Thoughts Of Uselessness

Comment

Our store is pretty small, so our Code Adam is four people walk down all four main aisles of the store, with the two middle people branching off to enter the back room from both directions.

Worked wonderful when we had to put it into action once... found the kid in under a minute.

The kid remembers me to the day, and we gained a customer for life.

Comment

Working...
            X