This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii don't have any Wiis.

Okay, working at Gamestop, as you know(if you have ANY interst in games what so ever) the Nintendo Wii was released like... two days after the PS3. It went like HOT CAKES. It's big, it's cool, and hell -I- want one so bad I can taste it.

So it's so big, we're sold out, and... people still want it. It has become a game to us in the store on phone calls. Seriously 98% of the calls go like this...

"Thank you for calling Gamestop where we buy and sell used games. This is X, how can I help you?"

"No"

"No we don't know."

Translated?

"Do you have any Wiis?"

"Do you know when you're getting any?"

Seriously, every one I've worked with wants to answer the phone like this.

"Thank you for calling Gamestop no we don't have any Wiis."

Oddly enough, not many ask about the PS3.
    "How bloody difficult is it to take care of a DVD?"
    ~Me after any time I look at the back of a disc~

12 in stock...on sunday...probably gone in the first half-hour...

I'm tempted to purchased the Nintendo Wii, being that I haven't ever purchased a gaming system within its first year of sale (even the 8-bit was a purchase 4 years off). Of course, $250 for the system, $50 for another game, and $20 for a classic controller...plus tax...comes to around $340. and, unless I win the lottery, this money goes to college first, leisure second.
    HI, I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS wave of approval ™©®

Comment

I love the Wii because it's so much fun to talk about.

The other night it was insanely busy and I was going 100MPH, checking out customes, dealing with customer problems, phones, etc. (I probably look like I'm on speed at work but I'm not).
      My CSR asked me, "Where are we keeping the Wii's?"

Quickly answered sounded like this:
      "Wii're over there." *points without looking or stopping*
      CSR: "Wii are?"
      Me: "Yes, Wii are."
      CSR: "How can we be here and there?"
      Me: "'Cause we're just good like that."

"I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
      HellGate: London

Comment

saturday morning i started a tally in home E for wii and ps3 requests. our CSR at the service desk have been trained to scren calls before they reach us. As of yesterday we run an avg of 20+ Wii requests a day..........
        Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Quoth staticradio View Post
          I'm tempted to purchased the Nintendo Wii, being that I haven't ever purchased a gaming system within its first year of sale (even the 8-bit was a purchase 4 years off). Of course, $250 for the system, $50 for another game, and $20 for a classic controller...plus tax...comes to around $340. and, unless I win the lottery, this money goes to college first, leisure second.
          You don't even need to BUY a game (I would, awesome game launch titles)... Wii comes included with Wii Sports, a full game. But I would pick up Red Steel and Twighlight Princess cause I'm a geek.

And the classic controller's only needed for Gamecube and any of the backward games you buy off the online service. (NES, SNES, N64)
          "How bloody difficult is it to take care of a DVD?"
          ~Me after any time I look at the back of a disc~

Comment

I maintain that Wii are meant to be pluralized without an S, like grain, or sheep.
            You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
              I maintain that Wii are meant to be pluralized without an S, like grain, or sheep.
              I thought if you use the singular form its Wii and when you use the plural its Wii-Wii

I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

When I first saw an ad for the Wii, I thought it was pronounced like "why" as in "but WWWWHHHHYYYYYY are you out of stock?!"

Now I like scrunching up my face and going "WWWEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

Comment

Oh they're great. I'm getting one soon myself, though I'm somewhat nervous about the strap issue.
                  Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                    Oh they're great. I'm getting one soon myself, though I'm somewhat nervous about the strap issue.
                    Strap issue?
                    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

wii's...

strap issues?

*backs out of thread looking scared*

sorry couldnt resist
                      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

The issue is that the cord, that is tied around the controller, is so flimsy that swinging the control at mach 2, and letting go, will cause it to fly from your hand and break the strap.
                        Tip of advice, Dont swing your controller at mach 2.
                        http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/
                        I am guilty of the same question asking, but i try to do it in a way that says, im not a jerk, im just me.

"Do you have any?"
                        "Do you happen to have any idea when you might possibly be getting more in?"
                        "Thank you very much."

I want one pretty bad now, but not bad enough to pay ebay prices.
                        Ill wait til i can get one and zelda for 300.00 + tax.
                        http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
                        Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

The question I have: after the initial burst of excitement over a new toy dies down, will people start saying that waving the wand around is too much like excercise?

Case in point: about ten years ago, there was a coin-op video game called Prop Cycle. (Side note: weighed two thirds of a ton, and it came on a truck that didn't have a lift gate! That was a fun time!) The game was, basically, a flying bicycle, which you flew around popping balloons. I know it sounds silly, but it was a fun game. The handlebars went right, left, up, and down, and how fast you pedalled controlled how fast your on-screen bike flew. At times you wanted to go slow; at times you wanted to really fly (pun only somewhat intentional)!

But it was a relative commercial flop, at least in the states. I heard a lot of people say variations on "that looks too much like excercise". They really shouldn't have been marketing them to arcades; they should have tried excercise places.

Despite that, I managed to beat the game. And it's not easy to do. The last level you get only one shot at, and this is after you've pedalled your way through at least three levels before that.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                            The question I have: after the initial burst of excitement over a new toy dies down, will people start saying that waving the wand around is too much like excercise?
                            My husband's friend owns a gaming (mostly RPG stuff) shop and bought a Dance Dance Revolution game. While I was there, a heavy teenager was doing his thing. He was heavy, but apparently he'd been heavier, as playing DDR helped him lose tons of weight! That's fantastic, IMO.

I was thinking the same thing about the Wii. DH could stand to lose a few pounds and this would be a great way for him to do it. But I'll wait until the prices come down and the bugs get worked out. For now, we enjoy the Xbox we have (just a plain ole xbox, not 360), plus our Playstation (again, the old one), genesis and nintendo 64.

I'm the offical "beer and cheer" for DH and assist him in all his game playing needs. Except for the sports games. Currently, we're working on Need for Speed-Most Wanted. I sometimes ORDER him to play! Am I a terrible spouse, or what?

Comment

<reads original post>

<considers past two days>

You forgot a part. : repeat for 100 times in a single day.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH HHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
                              I AM the evil bastard!
                              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                              X