This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth IMAPseudonym View Post
    In my town we have an Oriental restaurant called OPM. If that's nto bad enough, their mascot is a huge sumo guy named "Big Wang".
    Up where my father lives "Oklahoma" there are towns that make you wonder as to what the people who named them were either on or doing at the time....First there is Tyrone, then Guymon, then Hooker and last but not least Beaver... Boy someone must have had a seriously dirty mind to name it such...

"It takes thirteen years to break a child...the same amount of time it takes to complete school" Martin Luther King

Comment

Oh, almost forgot, among the Doctors who I see on RX pads, there is one with an unfortunate name...

Dr. Butcher

Yes, he is a surgeon....
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth MistressCrys View Post
        First there is Tyrone, then Guymon, then Hooker and last but not least Beaver...
        Hehehe, just north of Pittsburgh, lies Beaver Falls....in Beaver County, of all places. There's also a Tyrone, PA out towards State College. Now that one took no imagination at all. Why not give the home of Penn State a more interesting name
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

there's a couple towns in SA with weird names
          there's Hotazhel (pronounced Hot As Hell) - and it IS!
          We also have Tweebuffelsmorsdoodgeskitmeteenskootsfontein (two buffaloes killed with one bullet town). It's generally Buffelsfontein
          and Pitsonderwater - which could either mean Pit Without Water, or Pits Under Water.
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Well I can't believe there was no mention of this, I shame any Torontonians who have read this thread and not come up with it. Unfortunately the configuration was changed recently, but near Steeles Ave. and Younge St in Toronto there was a Beaver Gas and Beaver Lumber (Both major chains in Canada,) When my friends and I were learning how to drive, we would know we wew on the right track to down town TO because we'd pass the "Quiff and Dildo."
            At least Adam and Steve don't have to worry about leaving the toilet seat up

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              Hehehe, just north of Pittsburgh, lies Beaver Falls....in Beaver County, of all places. There's also a Tyrone, PA out towards State College. Now that one took no imagination at all. Why not give the home of Penn State a more interesting name
              Well, I actualy live in State College, (Which has a Beaver Av. and a Beaver Staduim) and if you belive local lore, there's a (probably apocryphal) story that since we're so close to the geographical center of the State, that one of the original names floated for the town was "Dead Center"

And I have to ask, what's so odd about Tyrone? I mean, maybe it's just because I grew up next to it that it doesn't sound abnormal, is there some pop culture/dirty joke refference I'm missin' cuz I'm a backwoods person out here?
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Here we have a Dick's Sporting Goods that is located on South Peters Road and it is across the road from Harry Lane Chrysler Dodge. One day one of my wifes friend said "To get the Dick you to take the Peter and it's right across from the Harry Lane."
                Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                  And I have to ask, what's so odd about Tyrone? I mean, maybe it's just because I grew up next to it that it doesn't sound abnormal, is there some pop culture/dirty joke refference I'm missin' cuz I'm a backwoods person out here?
                  I don't get it either
                  -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                  -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
                    I always thought the best name for a hot sauce was "Slap My Ass and Call Me Sally." But as I was researching the reference to make sure I had it right, I found, the one and only, "Dr. Payne Indeass's Butt Blazin' Recipe # 6 Butt Pucker XX Sauce."
                    Chile Addict in Albuquerque has some good ones.

Pagan--yup, CSF. As luck would have it, they wait until after I'm out of there to revamp the computer science curriculum...

There's an outfit in Boston called Death Wish Piano Moving. I'm going to have to start taking my camera everywhere to get a photo of the truck (out-of-state friends never believe me).
                    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 01-02-2007, 04:10 PM.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

The only one that kind of makes me giggle around here is Buffet King, you have to use the other pronunciation of it to get it :P

Comment

Working...
                      X