This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was like one of those dreams....

So, this past Thursday, I came into work in a pretty good mood. I gladly went out into the warehouse and helped customers when I was asked to and if someone walked in the front door, there I was, ready to help. Well, I did a lot of walking back and forth through the warehouse where all the males gather, customers and employees, for a good 3 and a half hours. Well, I take a break to sit down and feel a cold spot on my bottom. I quickly got up and walked into the restroom to check it out. Well, as it turns out, THERE WAS A HOLE IN THE BUTT OF MY PANTS!!!!!!!! You know those dreams you sometimes have about going to school or work naked? Yeah, it was kind of like that. I was so mortified and almost felt as though I had violated myself. As I walked from the restroom to my desk, I held my hands behind me, trying to be causual about covering the hole. I had to stay at work for another hour before I could go home and change. Why didn't anyone say anything to me???? I'm working on convincing myself that it's because no one noticed. Oh how I hope no one noticed....
    "Most lies about blondes are false."
    - Cincinnati Times-Star, headline
    "If you love your job, you haven't worked a day in your life." --Tommy Lasorda

What is it they say?

Oh yes, "This thread is worthless without pics."

Just saying...

Actually, I had to use tape inside and out the other week when I managed to rip a large hole in my jeans the other week.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth officegirl View Post
      . Why didn't anyone say anything to me???? I'm working on convincing myself that it's because no one noticed. Oh how I hope no one noticed....
      Heh, my lack of verbal filter tells me you should be glad I don't work with you.... Because I'd've told you in front of everyone.

Comment

Why didn't anyone say anything to you? Simple. Because in order to tell you, one would have to look at your butt. And that could be taken as sexual harassment. So they were covering their butts while you were walking around with yours uncovered.

I can imagine it now:

Coworker: "Hey... you have a giant rip in the seat of your pants. Just thought you'd like to know."
        RippedPant Person: "HEY! I find that totally offensive! I'm taking you to court and suing you and suing this company and the parent company! I'll make sure you never work in this field again! I'm going to put a black mark on your permanent employment file! This will follow your for the rest of your life! I can't believe you were leering at my body! Shame on you! etc etc etc...."

Ok, maybe that's a wee bit out of proportion, but it could happen that way. I have known people that have informed another coworker of something totally innocent and have the incident blow up in their face.

One guy told a female coworker that her zipper was down (he knew because the light reflected from the zipper) and very politely and quietly told her. She blew up, maybe because of embarrassment, but he got into hot water for harassment. Nothing happened because of it, but I have never seen someone sweat so much for something so trivial.
        Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

I went to the grocery store the other day, and when I got home, I realized that the whole side of one pocket on the back of my jeans had ripped out. I was just glad I left my coat on at the grocery store, I don't think it was visible.

Comment

Quoth officegirl View Post
            THERE WAS A HOLE IN THE BUTT OF MY PANTS!!!!!!!!
            Well, I certainly hope you had on clean underwear!

(sorry to giggle but this just hit my funny bone)
            Retail Haiku:
            Depression sets in.
            The hellhole is calling me ~
            I don't want to go.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
              What is it they say?

Oh yes, "This thread is worthless without pics."

Rapscallion

Raps looking for this?

I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Re Knightmare's comment: I can understand why the men didn't say anything, but the women should not be excused. And one of the guys could have told one of the girls to tell officegirl about the "problem."

But it's the same thing when no one tells you that you have a big hunk of green stuff from your lunch salad stuck in your front teeth. They always say, "Well, I didn't want to embarrass you." WTF?! Then tell me so I can fix the problem and not be embarrassed in front of anyone else.

If I see a problem, I tell the person. I'll pull them aside and tell them quietly. 99% of the time they're happy someone said something.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Or the eternal question; would you tell another girl that she's got her skirt tucked into her knickers? If the girl in question is someone who's neutral or nice to me then consider her told. If however, she's a total bitch, then I would happily allow her to walk around looking stupid. But then, that's just me.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

I totally agree with you, Lace. I'd like to think that if it was someone I liked or didn't know, I'd always tell them (actually, I have told someone this and she was really grateful - we were in public toilets at the time). However, if it was someone I really disliked, it would be so tempting to jsut let them carry on parading around with their pants on display. Extra marks if she was wearing a thong and had a big spot on her bum...
                    A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                    - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
                      Well, I certainly hope you had on clean underwear!

(sorry to giggle but this just hit my funny bone)
                      Underpants period would be a bonus.

Gah, my trainer's daughter that went with us to TX and OK would wear jeans that had huge holes in the ass, and she'd proceed to go commando. Where is your sense of modesty, you psycho?

Comment

Working...
                      X