This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gods?? NOT

i hate sucky customers who think they are gods and should belooked upon as such
    excuse me ,,,but even the gods are symathetic to those who stand on their feet for 8 hours just to serve those idiots and morons who think they are the so called gods of the world?? NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    just a disgruntled emplyee lol

not them ancients greek gods. o no. im pretty sure zeus was an entitlement whore
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Quoth Department stores *sigh* View Post
      not them ancients greek gods. o no. im pretty sure zeus was an entitlement whore
      Nah, Zues was just a horn-dog. In almost every story about him, Zues is trying to bed some beutiful (but usually unwilling) Greek maid. Hera was the real PITA. She would punish the poor girls when she could find them, no matter how much they didn't want to be, er, "graced" by Zues' presence.

Personnally, I'm partial to the story of Aphrodite and Hesphaeteus, but then I'm a miserable romantic.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post

Personnally, I'm partial to the story of Aphrodite and Hesphaeteus, but then I'm a miserable romantic.
        Wasn't that the one where she got caught banging Ares, and they got suspended in that big net so all the other gods could laugh at them, until Poseidon took pity on them and let them out?
        That one always makes me laugh, because you can just picture it.
        "Guys? Hey, this isn't funny any more!"

God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you. - Angelspit, '100%'

I'm sorry, I'm not authorised to give a f**k.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
          Heh, she was banging anything that moved.... Leaving her lame, ugly husband at home to mind the forge.... Oh, and she could bathe in the sea and regrow her hymen.

Comment

I've always wondered about that. Doesn't it hurt when that fellow breaks? What was in it for her?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
              I've always wondered about that. Doesn't it hurt when that fellow breaks? What was in it for her?

Rapscallion
              Ah remember these were written by men, in a time where they dominated the world pretty much. Apparently having that fellow there makes it feel better.
              http://leae.livejournal.com/

Comment

Any chaps got opinions either way on this? Got me curious now.

Rapscallion

Comment

I don't know that it was necessarily a sensation thing, I think more it was proof that you weren't getting someone else's second hand goods, so to speak. I know that in older times, and even in some places in the world now, that the blood stained bedsheet after a marriage is consummated is passed around as a badge of honor.

Comment

Quoth Zombi View Post
                    Wasn't that the one where she got caught banging Ares, and they got suspended in that big net so all the other gods could laugh at them, until Poseidon took pity on them and let them out?
                    That one always makes me laugh, because you can just picture it.
                    "Guys? Hey, this isn't funny any more!"

No, the one later where he makes the flower for her on his forge...but the net one is a good lesson for infidelity.

On the blood on the sheet issue, in some cultures the marriage was not considered final until the consumation. The sheet proved that the couple were well and truly married.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                    X