This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a great sign...

Yesterday the Zip guy came to pick up the seating group for the latest sucker customer to purchase delivery of their furniture through Zip.

He backed his step van up to one of the overhead doors and we loaded everything inside.

Then, time to take care of all the paperwork. Only the Zip guy didn't seem to understand how to take care of all the paperwork. Neither did we. After all, we were not told there would be paperwork we might have to fill out. We were just told what a great service Zip would be to all our customers.

Cue 5 to 10 minutes of "I know I'm supposed to sign something, but I don't know what. Or where" and "Hold on while I call somebody to figure out what's going on here."

10 minutes and 2 phone calls to management and the receiving clerk later, we figure out what we're supposed to sign, what's supposed to go with the Zip guy, and what we're supposed to hang on to, and Zip guy was off.

Yup, something else that was rushed to implementation before the kinks could be worked out. In other words, situation normal at the swamp.

We better get this figured out but quick. Hell week (aka Lowest Prices of the Season) is less than two weeks away, and furniture sales will be through the roof. And I think we may find a person or two to purchase a Zip service.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

And yet another ZIP delivery headache

So last weekend, woman and her daughter come in and just buy things left and right. Over $1,800 worth of stuff. Turns out she had received back pay from disability, and the Super Duper Uber Mega Super Stupendous Lowest Prices of the Season sale was nearing its end, so we're happy to make that purse of hers a little lighter.

Among their purchases were 7 different pieces of bedroom furniture, and they sprung for the ZIP delivery.

This morning the ZIP guys come by, load the furniture up into their truck, head out...and then come back to the store and drop all the furniture off again.

You see, this stuff was being delivered to an address in a townhouse development I've taken to charmingly nicknaming "the projects." It's all lower-income housing. I used to visit friends there in junior high 15 years ago, and it was already pretty groaty back then. I can't imagine what those places are like now.

Anyhow, the furniture could not be delivered because the townhouses were all being fumigated for....something. So now we get to sit on it all until next week.

Comment

Presumably, the woman should have known that her townhouse was going to be fumigated when she scheduled the appointment for ZIP. Maybe the disability was a mental one?
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

For whatever reason, we sold Zip services to two different people last weekend. I helped the delivery guy load everything into his van when he came to pick up the customers' furniture twice this week, Tuesday and today.

Delivery guy told me his Tuesday delivery was to a guy dying from cancer and his family. They called Zip to set up the delivery appointment...and they tried tacking on charges that aren't disclosed anyplace in the store. It might surprise you to learn these people didn't want to pay them any more money.

Luckily Zip backed down. Otherwise we would've lost about a $900 sale because we contracted furniture delivery and assembly out to a gang of dickbags.

Comment

Definitely something you should forward up the ladder, they're making your company look bad.

Comment

Working...
            X