This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable prices are going up

We just mailed out our holiday greeting to our subscribers... prices are going up. Last year -- my first year in the business -- we had a total increase of $1 a month, and only on basic cable. We spent the next three months listening to irate callers...

My favorites were the sweet little old ladies who would call...

Caller: Oops. I think there's a tiny little mistake on my bill.
    Me: We can take care of that.
    Caller: It seems my bill is $1 higher this month. (giggle) Oh, well, mistakes happen.
    Me: Um, actually that was a price increase.
    Caller: I'm sorry?
    Me: That was a price increase.
    Caller: Why you miserable bunch of m***********s. You can take your f*****g cable and shove it your f*****g ass.

This year's increases are, um, somewhat more and on pretty much everything we offer.

I'm really, really glad I'm out of of the customer service end of things, although I'm still going to take plenty of heat for it.

I don't blame callers for being upset... nobody likes a price increase. But, I wish people would remember that I didn't do it... really, I didn't. And, I don't just work at the cable company, I'm also a subscriber -- price increases affect me, too.

Okay, actually they don't. My monthly bill is dropping from $19.95 to $15.95.
    I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

"Cable prices are going up"

Around here cable prices seem to go up more than once a year. We had a price increase go into effect in September and along with the increase, they were also removing the only channel that airs my favorite baseball team...who were headed for the World Series.

So, I got a dish.
    Retail Haiku:
    Depression sets in.
    The hellhole is calling me ~
    I don't want to go.

Comment

Right now my digital cable with the Encore channels along with high-speed cable internet is $94.99. I'm happy with the price. If it starts going up I'm getting Dish Network.

Comment

My cable internet service, went up double in 2 months. It was $39.99 a month, and now it is $69.99. Oh well, we are going to Yahoo DSl anyway. But we had DirectV for over a year now, and it is the best thing to happen to us.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Yay DISH Network! I've had them for over 5 years now. Nothing could get me to swith to our local cable provider (rhymes with Romrast). I DO have them for internet though, and they actually lowered the price and upped the speed.
          But their television service is horrible. My ex has it in her apartment, and it goes out almost every time I'm there.

Go with Dish! They haven't had a price increase in about 2 years, and when they did, it was by $2.00 but we got about 20 more channels.
          Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

thats weird, i have them at home and never have any problems with them ever
            i dont think my parents do either, we did at first sometimes but now i dont remember it going out at all ever

Comment

All I'll say is this... I worked for Dish Network and Primestar (anybody remember them?) because I had to. I work for cable because I want to.
              I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

I remember a coffee shop near here who posted signs letting people know the price of coffee was going up for the first time in 6 years, you should've seen how angry people got!

and all because of an increase of (drumroll please): $0.12

Yes TWELVE freaking cents!

I feel lucky I'm one of those intelligent people who understands inflation.

Comment

Working...
                X