This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is on your head?

Not sure where to put this...hope it's in the right place.

(Only two days left at the video store)

This week at work I've been wearing little reindeer antlers with bells on them. Yes, yes, I'm a dork, you may point and laugh. But the kids just love them...well, ok, there was the young girl who was terrified of them...but that's not what this story is about.

There's a gentleman who just started renting from our store. I'm not sure where he's from...I've narrowed it down to possibly somewhere in Asia. As we are talking he keeps staring at my head and then says, "That's a very interesting...*searches for a word*...costume? you are wearing...on your head." and he points to the antlers with a rather confused look on his face. "What...um...are you supposed to be?"

"Oh!" I say, "these are reindeer antlers"

He gives me a blank look, and tries out the word, "reindeer".

So I say, "A reindeer...like what pulls Santa's sled", and I point to the TV where we are playing Rudolph.

His face lights up as he makes the connection, and he says, "oooh" and nods his head. Then he says, "I was going to say you were an elf...but I didn't think that was right....reindeer". Then he points to my antlers again and laughs and says, "Very Nice."

That made my day. Sometimes it pays to be a dork.

Hey man, (or woman). There's never a bad time to be a dork. Except around your district manager....but that's a whole different thread there.

Comment

When the first Shrek movie came out we all had to wear big Shrek ears.

I usually get a Santa hat to wear around Christmas time.
      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
      HellGate: London

Comment

Shrek ears ? Cool ! I want Shrek ears.
        A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
        - Dave Barry

Comment

Just before I left the grocery store, they were putting all the Christmas stuff out, and some of the staff had Santa hats on (note, this is Australia in November, and it's bloody hot). I saw one just the other day which I would have worn with pride: a black hat with 'Bah! Humbug! printed on it.
          God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you. - Angelspit, '100%'

I'm sorry, I'm not authorised to give a f**k.

Comment

I want a Bah, Humbug hat!
            "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314

Comment

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
              Shrek ears ? Cool ! I want Shrek ears.
              Must admit, I always thought Ogre Fiona was cuter than the human princess version.

Rapscallion

Comment

i have a bah humbug hat, among other hats i collect them. Black where the regular santa hat is red with bah humbug in black embroidery on the band in front.

I've had a few people make comments about how I need to lighten up and get with the season. Either that or the one jerk who actually took and yanked it off my head as I was insulting christmas by wearing the hat. he almost wound up eating the hat.

But for the most part I get some laughs or smiles.

Comment

'Get with the season'? Would that work with hunting season too, do you think?
                  God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you. - Angelspit, '100%'

I'm sorry, I'm not authorised to give a f**k.

Comment

I went overboard with the stupid hats today.

I have 2 sets of reindeer antlers (1 for me & 1 for the kid) that have bells and light up, a santa hat the has santa and his sleigh that light up AND another santa hat that has fake 'elf hair' braids that hang way down.

Yes... I am also a dork.

~TechSmith 314

Comment

LOL...that's fantastic.

On another note, the same gentleman came back in today because one of the DVD's wouldn't play for him. He asked me where the reindeer lady was, because she was, "So nice". I smiled and told him that was me, and that I was sorry the DVD hadn't played for him and that we would exchange it for something else.
                      He was very dissapointed and asked, "Why you not wearing your make-up today?" =( "Oh, I just forgot to put them back on" Plopped them back on my head so he would recognize me again, finished his transaction and sent him on his way.

(I had been out on a smoke break earlier and...well...you know, it's just wrong for little kids to see a reindeer smoking...that and I had to shoo the drunken crowd of homeless people away from the back stoop of our store. It's hard enough to look threatening when your a 5' woman with pony tails as it is. Add in the antlers w/bells...and well, I would never have broken up that crowd )

Comment

Must admit, I always thought Ogre Fiona was cuter than the human princess version.
                        Maybe, but Icee straws don't make good ears...
                        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

My husband has a black 'Bah Humbug' hat. (it's SO him!) I have a purple one. We make a very cute pair. I'm going to be wearing my hat to school for the rest of the week!
                          Arsenic is 'natural'. Hemlock is 'organic'.

Comment

we used to be able to wear hats, until management told us we could only wear wal mart hats. so since then,nothing is on my head except for my receding hairline.

Comment

Working...
                            X